• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.2%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.6%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.4%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 90 37.7%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 51 21.3%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.8%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 32 13.4%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

This is old.. but perhaps helpful

That was the first video that came up. Not very helpful. None of the videos I've watched so far seem to explain what the various settings actually do. As far as I can tell, the settings are already set to what I would want them at, but the bike didn't seem to work that way.

You have an issue with rear traction go with wider rims an and tires. I swear, people with 2.3-2.4 tires on 30mm rims on a e bike are clueless. 2.3-2.4 tires on 30mm rims are great for meat powered bikes but e bikes will just over power them. My Vette has 465 hp, would it make sense skinnier tires on it when it already has issues with traction? My Kenevo has 40mm rear rim with a Michelin 2.8 wild enduro tire and I have very little issues with traction.

It's going to be a learning experience having a bike with an app... as much as I use technology, I'm also a "don't want to eff with it" type and just want it to work. I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to learning it as it's generally not something that interests me.

When I was riding the Moterra SL at Davis, I had a similar experience. Of the 8 settings on that bike, I rarely had it out of setting 2, which was about perfect for the endless technical moves you have to make riding there. Often in rapid succession. But technical moves have generally been one of the stronger areas of my riding and especially if I can use more of a "momentum" technique rather than trials moves. Ebikes seem to favor the former rather than the latter, although obviously a skilled trials rider can still do some amazing moves on an ebike.
Not sure of the latest Shimano tuning options but typically the app power settings allow you to fine tune your presets that you can easily change while riding. As far as what power level to ride technical in, the best technique I’ve found is to ride the rear brake instead of dropping power. It acts like traction control, if the tire slips, your brake prevents a big spin out. This allows you to instantly modulate power and not have too little for bigger moves.
I ride mostly in Ludicrous mode and use my rear brake as a clutch. Works great.

the app power settings allow you to fine tune your presets that you can easily change while riding.
yes... I know... but HOW??? :p:Ugh::shrug:

Once I can ride again, I'll have to force myself to go to Nesh, by myself, open the app and start effing with it...

yes... I know... but HOW??? :p:Ugh::shrug:

Once I can ride again, I'll have to force myself to go to Nesh, by myself, open the app and start effing with it...

In my firmware:

There are three settings that matter

Assist character. 'home much will it help you at any time.

Power: max assistance. Always 100%

Assist start,. How fast assist comes on

Back
Top Bottom