Engineer Drafting Tools - Make a Trade offer?

iman29

Hey All,

My middle son took a course in college during COVID as part of his Theatre design courses and needed this stuff to draft plans for stage sets.

He has since moved on to focus his career more on the Lighting and Audio design and has no use for these (pun not intended but noticed it when I read it back LOL )

These are collecting dust for a while but even he said I can't throw them out so hoping someone here can put them to use or maybe you know a student or intern who may not have the resources to buy these things. I thought about keeping the T-square but it seems its not heavy duty enough for the 1-2 DIY projects I might use it for.

Make a trade offer for bike parts, accessories and/or beer? Located in Flanders 07836 porch pickup or can meet up if not too far.

IMG_5762.jpeg

Hey All,

My middle son took a course in college during COVID as part of his Theatre design courses and needed this stuff to draft plans for stage sets.

He has since moved on to focus his career more on the Lighting and Audio design and has no use for these (pun not intended but noticed it when I read it back LOL )

These are collecting dust for a while but even he said I can't throw them out so hoping someone here can put them to use or maybe you know a student or intern who may not have the resources to buy these things. I thought about keeping the T-square but it seems its not heavy duty enough for the 1-2 DIY projects I might use it for.

Make a trade offer for bike parts, accessories and/or beer? Located in Flanders 07836 porch pickup or can meet up if not too far.

View attachment 235437
I’ll trade for 2 slide rules and an abacus?🤣

Ok. Strange post effects. Oh the memories.

My father was partner in an engineering firm when I was younger. At age 12 I started working in their blueprint room running blueprints. They shortly realized I spent most of my time goofing around as there wasn't quite enough work to keep me busy. So they decided to train me as a draftsman so i could do that instead of sitting around.

Working as a draftsman was my part time job for the next 10 years until I graduated form college. Good times. This of course just reminded me that today is 10 years to the day since my father passed away.

Like I said. Strange post effects.

I tried to find an orthographic drawing of a slide rule, but failed.

Nice set - the mechanical drawing teacher was extremely upset when I chose to take a computer programming class instead of mech 2 in hs.......

Had all that stuff back in college too when we were only dabbling in CAD. All these years later and the triangular engineer scale is the only item I still own and use occasionally. The compass set would come in handy if doing coping and scribing for floor trim, door and window casings. Top left box, what's in there?

Had all that stuff back in college too when we were only dabbling in CAD. All these years later and the triangular engineer scale is the only item I still own and use occasionally. The compass set would come in handy if doing coping and scribing for door and window casings. Top left box, what's in there?
it says 12" Engineers scale? I can take another pic of it after my next 2 hours of meetings and take it out of the box

My father was partner in an engineering firm when I was younger. At age 12 I started working in their blueprint room running blueprints. They shortly realized I spent most of my time goofing around as there wasn't quite enough work to keep me busy. So they decided to train me as a draftsman so i could do that instead of sitting around.

Working as a draftsman was my part time job for the next 10 years until I graduated form college. Good times. This of course just reminded me that today is 10 years to the day since my father passed away.

Did you go to school for engineering? If you did, those hours probably allowed you to get a license right away.

Did you go to school for engineering? If you did, those hours probably allowed you to get a license right away.
Sure did. Took about 3 weeks for me to decide I hated all the required weed out classes. Switched to Business.

Not sure if they still give the same speech on day one of Chemistry, Calculus and Physics these days. "Ok class, everyone look to your left and look to your right, one of you won't be here next semester." How true.

My Dad worked in the Engineering office too; he also had me running blueprints as a yungin. Mmmmmmm ammonia, so exhilarating! Close the door and breathe it in. That takes me back.

Back
Top Bottom