Heart Rate Monitor recommendations

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Wifey is looking for a basic/easy heart rate monitor that will sync with her Peloton. I know nothing about these things and searching this site only yielded results from years ago and for "real biking" specific ones. Anyone have any recommendations? Or even manufacturers you like that I can start with? Obviously i will also Google but i trust this bunch of weirdos more than the internet's unwashed masses. Thanks!

Spend hundreds of dollars and buy her an Apple Watch. At least it’s multifunctional.

Wifey is looking for a basic/easy heart rate monitor that will sync with her Peloton. I know nothing about these things and searching this site only yielded results from years ago and for "real biking" specific ones. Anyone have any recommendations? Or even manufacturers you like that I can start with? Obviously i will also Google but i trust this bunch of weirdos more than the internet's unwashed masses. Thanks!
Somewhat surprised that Peloton does not come with a heart rate monitor. I think you have to determine if the Peloton can sync with ANT+ or BlueTooth HRMs, if your wife would want the HRM data incorporated into her Peloton workout to help determine her work output better. Otherwise, she may just need a cheap watch-style HRM, and the data would be only captured on such a watch unit for example.

I think she said it's Bluetooth but i will have to double check. We're both not tech-savvy but i am slightly more than her. And hell no, no Apple watch. "Basic" is the key word here.

Last edited:
Garmins will work. Most people I know who use Peletons prefer the Scosche HRM which is an armband as opposed to a chest strap. On Amazon

Cool, thanks everyone. Got more requirements from her:
- Arm or wrist (not chest)
- Doesn't care about tracking/logging just wants real-time accurate heart rate
- Doesn't need any other features like steps, sleep, gps, etc.

Somewhat surprised that Peloton does not come with a heart rate monitor. I think you have to determine if the Peloton can sync with ANT+ or BlueTooth HRMs, if your wife would want the HRM data incorporated into her Peloton workout to help determine her work output better. Otherwise, she may just need a cheap watch-style HRM, and the data would be only captured on such a watch unit for example.
Peloton does have there own HRM. I got one with mine and it works fine. Data uploads with your workout. I’m pretty sure anyone that is Bluetooth compatible will do the same.

Garmin is soso, wahoo is junk. I switched to a Polar, one of the original hrm manufacturers and have had zero complaints.

i just picked up a coospo on amazon.
dual mode $30ish

Wahoo fit HR monitor is the best one I've ever used - will never go back to those ridiculous chest monitors. This one goes on the upper forearm, never gives a bad reading

tickr-fit-heart-rate-monitor-1.jpg

Garmin is soso, wahoo is junk. I switched to a Polar, one of the original hrm manufacturers and have had zero complaints.

I’ve gone through enough Garmins and Wahoos so I bought a polar too. They also offer an orange strap so they had that going for them. So far so good.

Back
Top Bottom