Johnny Utahs Bike Change Operation

Mike, I fight this every year, but normally do not have another form of riding to fall back on that I enjoy as much. Lately the longer rides have been gaining all of my attention, I love them.

So I guess I will continue to ride fat and push distance. I still have my AM bike, so that is available.

Just getting tired of the out of state driving and injuries.....for now.

DHing is just as expensive as skiing, the lift ticket has to suck paying (even a season pass would suck) but man, i had so much fun.

maybe if i lived 5 minutes away i'd do it more often, i had a freaking blast.

Sad for you but you will be back, especially when you get bored staring down at a front wheel for hours waiting for something exciting to happen

DHing is just as expensive as skiing, the lift ticket has to suck paying (even a season pass would suck) but man, i had so much fun.

maybe if i lived 5 minutes away i'd do it more often, i had a freaking blast.

If I lived 20 minutes from creek it would be a different stroy, but then again, I feel like I have ridden the snot out of that place.

Sad for you but you will be back, especially when you get bored staring down at a front wheel for hours waiting for something exciting to happen

Possibly, for some reason just riding things I haven't as of yet has been appealing to me. Getting in a car to drive further that Vernon to ride on the regular is not even in my mindset anymore, and creek and the PA offering are getting a bit old.

At this point I would almost be more inclined to travel to ride DH for a week a year, maybe to Coastal Gravity Park or Retallick. Whistler was unreal, but when I go back I want to ride the local trails, with a day at the park.

Or stay in Vancouver and ride Seymor & Fromme for a week...

Just relaized I started blabbing.....

I did put my new Chromag goodies on the Slayer, so that will most likly being staying in the stable.

Fondo time! Solid event, I missed the endurance race as I got there a bit late, it was a busy morning prior to leaving, plus I have been flat out exhausted lately.

My poker run hand was a full house, sweet! Aces over sixes.

Both the endurance and poker run courses were well packing in, conditions could not have been better with the exception of tons of dogs that were running off leash....normally I do not mind, but with the marked courses and bikes everywhere you would hope some people would know better.....but thankfully we have the ability to ride the park.

Spent some time on the Bucksaw today, which was sweet! Although I do not see it happening this year, I could see a purchase in the future. The bike was quicker than I expected, tons of fun. Thanks again to the Salsa crew, I suggest getting to a demo near you.

The new front 45North tire is pretty sick.

I ended up doing about 18 miles. Weird, that is beginning to feel short.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/707861906
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/707958162

Got home and did some work on the house, but not much. Pretty beat today. Went out for Thai with the Mrs and some Icecream.......then chores. The scale will probably not forgive me in the AM.

Trying to get out for a short ride in the AM before house work and possibly helping Bizarro pack his bike for Sedona....

Song of the day - Alice in Chains - Rotten Apple

Weigh in

196lb. At whatever I wanted, including ice cream/sweets daily and a meal out every day. I am going to try to eat a little healthier this week and see if I can get below 195.

Cabin fever!

Went out to Allaire to try to ride, there is an average of 8-10", but some areas have much more, as I was easily able to bury my Wolvhammers when walking:

The trail had some deep snow. If you follow my Garmin, I had to give up on a few lines, the bike was still tracking with the ice lines under the snow (from two weeks ago) on the Blind trail, so I turned around. The fireroad has a few bigger drifts and ice underneath. Although I had studs, the deep snow was taking the weight off the wheels and not allowing the studs to penetrate to well, so I turned around.

Off to the road to see if I could loop past the ice mesh by Tomacs drop. No dice, two cars almost clipped me on the way back down the road, watched a car go off the road not too much further. Time to call it a day.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/712128080

Starting to look forward to warmer weather.

Still waiting for my flooring to be delivered.

Song of the day - Joe Bonamasa - Just got paid

Cabin fever!

Went out to Allaire to try to ride, there is an average of 8-10", but some areas have much more, as I was easily able to bury my Wolvhammers when walking:

The trail had some deep snow. If you follow my Garmin, I had to give up on a few lines, the bike was still tracking with the ice lines under the snow (from two weeks ago) on the Blind trail, so I turned around. The fireroad has a few bigger drifts and ice underneath. Although I had studs, the deep snow was taking the weight off the wheels and not allowing the studs to penetrate to well, so I turned around.

Off to the road to see if I could loop past the ice mesh by Tomacs drop. No dice, two cars almost clipped me on the way back down the road, watched a car go off the road not too much further. Time to call it a day.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/712128080

Starting to look forward to warmer weather.

Still waiting for my flooring to be delivered.

Song of the day - Joe Bonamasa - Just got paid

Awesome stuff!

You should have hit the paved path to msq! Nice effort either way, I love seeing people out on days like today.

You could try saw mill bike path by burnt tavern rd. and you can make a loop going to edgar felix bike path starting from your house.

Saturday, had to be back by 12PM for the Home Depot men to install my dishwasher, so off to the road/beach I went:

Started to break snow on the boardwalk, not bad.....

Then headed down to the beach to ride some sand:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/713396162

My flooring got here today, the boards are the right thickness, but are 1/4" too wide. Simple job with the table saw, hope to have the floors ready for stain tomorrow, at least in the living room.

Song of the day - Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy diamond.

Sunday fun-day.....with some work.

First off 195.5 this week......okay, I can deal with that, still going in the right direction.

Left at 10 to meet with Frank and Chris for a relaxed ride at Allaire.....tons of fun! The conditions were great this morning, not so sure what they looked like at the end of the day with the warmer temps. Only wore a base layer on top, which felt great!

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/714425678

Back to the house for some work. My old man came over today to bestow his expertise. He made short work of the flooring and crown molding. Thanks pop!

Sweet! Just need to sand the new wood, then I am ready to stain and do the touch up on the trim.

Song of the day - ZZ Top - Pincushion

Heck Yes!

I know it has been quite here this week, but our auditors are in at work, so I have been putting some hours in coupled with work on the house in order to get ready for stain on the floors.

Conditions are rough near Allaire, so I will be planning some fireroad rides out of Double trouble for next week.

Looking forward to Friday as I have next week off, so I have set up some goals:

House:
- Stain the floors of my living room.
- Clear coat living room floors.
- Patch several outlets (telephone and excess cable, which I removed the cables) with dry wall and prep for paint.
- Clear my garage of all the construction debris removed thus far, figure two full size pickup beds (borrowing my buddies pickup - score)
- Paint the bathroom (cieling and walls)
- Repair broken boards in the master bedroom.
- Prep master bedroom floor for stain.
- Paint master bedroom
- Put the baseboard heaters back together.
- Hang out and wait for furniture delivery on the 19th.

Other:
- Fix the Mrs. car so it will pass inspection (think I have it figured out)

Bike:
- Take studs off the fatty
- Convert Fatty to tubeless
- Try to hit 150 miles next week (total) in between rain/housework.

Other news:
In stead of going crazy on carbon wheels I am going to stay with the surly wheels for now and see what they look like after the summer (playing in the rocks), then I will assess rim width or a second set of wheels after the wedding (September), unless Jim talks me into it sooner.

I need to check up on my frame bag, as I really want it.

I picked up a guitar to plink around with at the house.....it has been a bit since I last played, but it is keeps me relaxed at night and is just a ton of fun.

Still no booze/meat (can't believe I lasted this long).

Album of the day - Alice in chains - Jar of Flies (come on, it is less than 40 minutes, easy listen)

Back
Top Bottom