Mason/Dixon…MD/NJ…my life

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Ahhhh, decided to start a new blog. I’ll try to be polite, courteous, informative with just a touch of my normal self.
As most of you know I am
Living in Middletown, Md and working in NJ. It’s not perfect, but it’s working. I’m embracing what I have and trying to make the best of it.
I’m sober since March 18(forever? Who knows.) I do know this has helped me deal with demons. I need to choose less selfish people to include in my life.
Chimney Rock, Rahway, Warinaco, Bedminster gravel and tarmac, TMB group rides, LewMo…these are where I have been spending my time on the bike. Frederick Watershed, Gettysburg, Schaeffer farms…the Md riding areas.

Been seeing and riding with lots of great people lately. Let’s keep it going!

whats your FTP tho
No clue anymore. But for shits and giggles I’ll post my garmin power curve. I averaged 270 on the TMB ride for 1.5 hours last night.
IMG_6167.png

IMG_6168.png
IMG_6168.png

I did the A group at TMB tonight. It was 98 degrees when we started. This ride almost felt easier than the B+, I think because of the smoothness and the better riders. I did a road race last weekend and I’m going to do another one this weekend (Summit Point) near Winchester, Va). The following week will be the michaux marathon mtb race on the ss(it’s best u know?). For anyone in the central jersey area that wants to progress I highly recommend the TMB ride on tuesdays(be there at 5:30) from Burnt Mills Park in Bedminster.. it’s the same loop every week. Slowest group starts first and fastest last. They leave at 10 min intervals with the last one leaving at 6:03. Basically you try and catch the group in front of you. We did the 32+ miles in 1:20 last night(24mph avg). It was a smaller A group so I assume a larger group can hold 25-26mph.

All I have to offer is that Sobriety seems way harder for some and I encourage it in anyone interested.

I have been made aware that microdosing mushrooms can be vey helpful in this process:

I have also been made aware that it can be helpful in taking yourself less seriously.

Back
Top Bottom