Need a fast answer!

sandman

Someone wants to join me on Wednesday's ride with a EUC. I would like to say no, but I need something official. Any help?

Ask them if it's type 1,2 or 3 ?

If it can be propelled without pedalling it's a no. Pedal assist is ok in Monmouth county.

Edit: this refers to 2 wheel bikes.

I saw this thing. It's like the EUC in the Liberty, Liberty, Liberty commercial.
20220526_181540.JPG

Ask them if it's type 1,2 or 3 ?

If it can be propelled without pedalling it's a no. Pedal assist is ok in Monmouth county.

Edit: this refers to 2 wheel bikes.
He brought it on a local ride in the sand. Lasted 3/4 mile. Does not pedal.

That im aware of state parks are no and county parks vary. Ive seen full on electric motorcycles at ceres and no one doing anything about it till someone gets hit. (You cant hear that thing coming its small and fast) did the person riding it last 45 minutes or the battery?

Tell him he’ll have to speak up as you’re wearing a towel. Then ghost him until Thursday.

That im aware of state parks are no and county parks vary. Ive seen full on electric motorcycles at ceres and no one doing anything about it till someone gets hit. (You cant hear that thing coming its small and fast) did the person riding it last 45 minutes or the battery?
He could not handle the fire cuts. More because of the junk that he had to get over, than the sand. Does anybody think this is fun? We are mountain bikers. Don't these things have there own clubs? For all I know, he could be a member in the MTBNJ, and I just offended him to no end. But as Bill can tell you. I can offend people just by showing up.

He could not handle the fire cuts. More because of the junk that he had to get over, than the sand. Does anybody think this is fun? We are mountain bikers. Don't these things have there own clubs? For all I know, he could be a member in the MTBNJ, and I just offended him to no end. But as Bill can tell you. I can offend people just by showing up.
The branches and logs seemed to pose a real problem for him on the EUC. As a muni rider myself (non-motorized), I can confirm how much more difficult downed branches can be to ride over on a unicycle. Clayton is very smooth and fun to ride on a muni (I ride there a lot on my muni). It would be disheartening, to say the least, to start having to contend with motorized vehicles zooming around Clayton.

I'm not a lawyer either, but #29 from @Purl 's link does seem to restrict EUCs from the trails.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions