New Guy

Hello all! Newbie here. I’m happy to be a part of this group! I’ve been mountain biking off and on for about 15 years. I took a long (6 year) break when my kids were born (and lots of other life changes too.) I managed to get out and ride a few times this summer at Cedar Grove. I think I did ok considering I was unfamiliar with the trails.

Hoping to make a few new friends and go on some group rides. Before I took a break, I mostly rode alone, mainly because my buddies could not keep up with me in the dirt. (they were road guys) I tried that on for size a few years back and although I enjoyed it, I missed the thrill of the trails.

I’m currently riding a Giant Talon 29 rigid. I like it even though it’s entry level. If I don’t kill myself on it, maybe I’ll get something better next year. (Once I figure out what type of rider I am)

My son’s soccer game was cancelled this Saturday so I was thinking of coming to the group ride at Allaire. Given my riding history and long break, I would call myself a seasoned beginner. I’ve never been to a group ride before…..😐 Any tips or things I should know? Thanks in advance.

Thanks everyone! 🤦🏻‍♂️Hardtail! Yes! Paul - It’s a Talon 1. Excited to go to my first group ride! I’ll be up late tonight prepping my bike (and packing the cooler) See you all tomorrow! I’ll be the guy who looks lost on a red and silver Talon 29er.

Hello all! Newbie here. I’m happy to be a part of this group! I’ve been mountain biking off and on for about 15 years. I took a long (6 year) break when my kids were born (and lots of other life changes too.) I managed to get out and ride a few times this summer at Cedar Grove. I think I did ok considering I was unfamiliar with the trails.

Hoping to make a few new friends and go on some group rides. Before I took a break, I mostly rode alone, mainly because my buddies could not keep up with me in the dirt. (they were road guys) I tried that on for size a few years back and although I enjoyed it, I missed the thrill of the trails.

I’m currently riding a Giant Talon 29 rigid. I like it even though it’s entry level. If I don’t kill myself on it, maybe I’ll get something better next year. (Once I figure out what type of rider I am)

My son’s soccer game was cancelled this Saturday so I was thinking of coming to the group ride at Allaire. Given my riding history and long break, I would call myself a seasoned beginner. I’ve never been to a group ride before…..😐 Any tips or things I should know? Thanks in advance.
Welcome! See you tomorrow.

And beer.

Also as a disclaimer, alcohol, tobacco and firearms are prohibited at Allaire.

boo-boo-this-man.gif

ping me and I will give you a tour of Tourne Park in Boonton...solid ride and great for a hardtail or full squish.

My son’s soccer game was cancelled this Saturday so I was thinking of coming to the group ride at Allaire. Given my riding history and long break, I would call myself a seasoned beginner. I’ve never been to a group ride before…..😐 Any tips or things I should know? Thanks in ad

Thanks everyone! 🤦🏻‍♂️Hardtail! Yes! Paul - It’s a Talon 1. Excited to go to my first group ride! I’ll be up late tonight prepping my bike (and packing the cooler) See you all tomorrow! I’ll be the guy who looks lost on a red and silver Talon 29er.
Just follow the guys/girls in blue and orange and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom