Pads and Armor Cleaning

krink

Eddie Munster
So, cleaning out my shed I noticed my DH pads and armor. Since starting at creek last year, I have hosed them off after warm days of riding, but that doesn't seem to be enough. Either someone is making sourdough bread in my bike shed or these need a serious cleaning. Some of the pads can be removed from the garment, but most cant. What do fellow riders do for a deep cleaning of this stuff? I have seen some sprays that soldiers use to sanitize gamey flak vests when they wear them all the time in the desert, anyone tried those?

I wash my pads in the washing machine (in a zipper bag to stop the velcro from tearing everything up). Armor and helmets come into the shower with me every so often. I just soap them up really well, rinse, and hang to drip dry.
Do you wear them in the shower? 🤣

Oxy Clean in the wash, then use a laundry sanitizer in the softener compartment. Toss everything in the front loader and set it to gentle cycle, max clean if you have that option.

Make a list of everyone's suggestions.
Do each one just as they suggest, one after the other.

50% chance the smell goes away.

90% it comes back the first time you use them.
So I should soak it all in white vinegar inside a box with an ozone generator using simple green as the substrate after liberally salting with borax, then watch it all explode as I plug in the ozone generator (If you have to, havent googled one yet.) Good Times. All that will be left afterwards is the smell, - on everything.

So I should soak it all in white vinegar inside a box with an ozone generator using simple green as the substrate after liberally salting with borax, then watch it all explode as I plug in the ozone generator (If you have to, havent googled one yet.) Good Times. All that will be left afterwards is the smell, - on everything.
No, one at a time!

Back
Top Bottom