Parking at Trailhead

They have never collected when I was there. The booth up by the entrance displays a fee schedule, but maybe staffing the booth costs more than the fees would bring?

It's $5.00 on the weekends...but if you get there before 8 am, you can get in without paying (they usually don't man the booth until just after 8am)..I don't think they charge during the week....IMHO it's worth the 5 bucks...we have a nice place to park, use of the facilites/trails, etc....I see a lot of people park outside the main entrance, or out by the fire tower (which is fine), I feel a lot more comfortable leaving my truck and gear in the lot where someone is less likely to steal anything. Is 5 bucks really too much to pay for what we have out there? It's your choice.....

Agreed with the above. $5 is pretty small amount to ride such a long and well marked trail system.

X3. $5.00 is a cheep price for using their restrooms, water and secure parking. Also like to thank Slingblade for the great job he does! Someday I'll do the Penn Branch Trail.

X3. $5.00 is a cheep price for using their restrooms, water and secure parking. Also like to thank Slingblade for the great job he does! Someday I'll do the Penn Branch Trail.

I rode the Penn Branch the other day. Well about 15 miles worth anyhow, I bonked and decided to turn around about 7.xx miles in. I think I started out too fast for this type or trail. Felt like I was climbing alot, but really wasn't. It must have been magic. Gotta train up on the Blue trail for a while longer first.

I rode the Penn Branch the other day. Well about 15 miles worth anyhow, I bonked and decided to turn around about 7.xx miles in. I think I started out too fast for this type or trail. Felt like I was climbing alot, but really wasn't. It must have been magic. Gotta train up on the Blue trail for a while longer first.

It IS magic.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions