Post a picture of your next bike part or mtb gear on order!

Just received my new YT Jeffsy Core 1. I couldn’t pass up the additional 20% coupon code. So far I like it, will be hitting the trails tomorrow for the real test. Very impressed with the packaging, tools, and instructions (maybe standard but it’s my first mail order bike).

Will definitely post with some more feedback and thoughts.

Also, is there a “post your new bikes” thread this belongs in? I couldn’t find one.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1112.jpeg
    IMG_1112.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
after doing a little more research I found out these tires come in Light and Supple or Durable versions. I spent over a week looking for one blackwall L&S one locally, but since I am cheap I didnt want to spend $75 for one tire when I could get two for $56 each. Then I could only find the 42s in Durable in Tanwall online so I said F it and ordered two.

I know the blowout I had was probably a freak thing but now its stuck in my head that if that can happen on just the Columbia trail then they might be too light for other stuff I might try.

I hope this place is legit as I never ordered anything from them before.

1716405134272.png

after doing a little more research I found out these tires come in Light and Supple or Durable versions. I spent over a week looking for one blackwall L&S one locally, but since I am cheap I didnt want to spend $75 for one tire when I could get two for $56 each. Then I could only find the 42s in Durable in Tanwall online so I said F it and ordered two.

I know the blowout I had was probably a freak thing but now its stuck in my head that if that can happen on just the Columbia trail then they might be too light for other stuff I might try.

View attachment 238922
Universal is definitely legit, I've ordered stuff from them for years. They have lots of odd ball small parts stuff that's hard to find. I just got a set of bars and a Shimano caliper from them last week.

View attachment 238922
Impressed !

Ordered on 21st. Paid lowest shipping. Arrived today at 3:23pm. 7 minutes earlier than estimated.

IMG_7062.jpeg

trek-checkpoint-alr-5-axs-578578-12.png

Gravel was pretty much the one style of riding that I was a holdout on, but between living next to the Morris Greenway, close to the Columbia trail, and @Cassinonorth dragging me down to check out some of the Bedminster gravel, I've decided to add yet another bike to the fleet. Also ordered a bike through REI for my wife, who used to do some road and mountain bike riding, but is now less interested in the risk of getting run over by a car or crashing on a trail, so it should be fun to be able to cruise around with her again.

View attachment 239481

Gravel was pretty much the one style of riding that I was a holdout on, but between living next to the Morris Greenway, close to the Columbia trail, and @Cassinonorth dragging me down to check out some of the Bedminster gravel, I've decided to add yet another bike to the fleet. Also ordered a bike through REI for my wife, who used to do some road and mountain bike riding, but is now less interested in the risk of getting run over by a car or crashing on a trail, so it should be fun to be able to cruise around with her again.
Awesome welcome to the Checkpoint club you’re gonna love it. I’ve also got a great greenway / Columbia trail loop I can show you too. Now we HAVE to connect for a ride soon !

Back
Top Bottom