Rampage

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I remember when Rampage was raw and more like extreme free skiing. Seems now everything is manicured and groomed. I get that stomping a 50 foot drop requires a proper landing pad but the run ups are all smoothed out. It’s like a huge jump park built on the mountainside.

That’s my rant. I still like watching and think it’s all jaw dropping insane.

archer-lana-anthony-kane.gif

I remember when Rampage was raw and more like extreme free skiing. Seems now everything is manicured and groomed. I get that stomping a 50 foot drop requires a proper landing pad but the run ups are all smoothed out. It’s like a huge jump park built on the mountainside.

You sound like 90% of pinkbike comments 🤣 . It's insane no matter how you try and break it down

Last edited:
You sound like 90% of pinkbike comments 🤣 . It's insane no matter how you try and brake it down
Are you saying that it's not that tough to risk breaking someone else's spine ?!?!? I personally haven't got over the fact that skydivers use a parachute, sissies...

You think Bender looked at a drop and said, “Where’s my homeboys? I need you guys to smooth out the landing down there.” Fuck no. He just threw some dirt in the air and sent it! 🤣🤣

You think Bender looked at a drop and said, “Where’s my homeboys? I need you guys to smooth out the landing down there.” Fuck no. He just threw some dirt in the air and sent it! 🤣🤣
And bender has had how many broken spines lol? 😁. No idea how that guy even walks. I get it though but I think its a natural part of a sport growing up and getting bigger. UFC added more rules and less blood and grew immensely. Formula one cars are goofier and safer. Cliff divers get the red bull OK before jumping lol.

I get it but watching Semenuk bar spin and tail whip features with a level of ease is pretty rad . Also dudes making the 75ft canyon gap more lippy so they can trick it , yea give em the smoothest run up and landing they want .

I get it but watching Semenuk bar spin and tail whip features with a level of ease is pretty rad . Also dudes making the 75ft canyon gap more lippy so they can trick it , yea give em the smoothest run up and landing they want .
Stay off my lawn you progressive kids!
:p

I think there’s usually a good balance between the slope style tricksters and just gnarly free riders. How bout that drop Brage carved out last year? He went to the hospital for sending the biggest drop in rampage history.

Well, I believe Josh Bender has been a judge of many 'sanitized' Rampage editions, if he can live with it I would consider a safe bet that so could you...🤣🤣

Where are you in the start order?

I am not sure how people flip whipping huge gaps or drops is not gnarly. Most people would be luckily to just be able to jump any of that stuff, let alone trick it.

They also put a shit ton of work into these lines. Every rider builds their own stuff. I think in general people have just gotten better with a shovel. Back in Bender’s day I doubt anyone was even considering 75’ canyon gaps. A lot of this also comes down to better bikes.

They also put a shit ton of work into these lines. Every rider builds their own stuff. I think in general people have just gotten better with a shovel. Back in Bender’s day I doubt anyone was even considering 75’ canyon gaps. A lot of this also comes down to better bikes.
Apparently they changed the rules this year on building. Now it seems like my hippie dog days and two full practice days. At one point it was two days to dig, minimal practice time and then the event. In the huck or die era that may have made sense but probably a bit heavy insurance wise when everyone destroying themselves.

Apparently they changed the rules this year on building. Now it seems like my hippie dog days and two full practice days. At one point it was two days to dig, minimal practice time and then the event. In the huck or die era that may have made sense but probably a bit heavy insurance wise when everyone destroying themselves.
I remember someone several years ago saying they didn’t even want to test certain things they built because if it doesn’t work it could take them out altogether. Better to do a blind flat drop backflip on show day 😆

I’ve been desensitized. I expect more. 150’ double backflip canyon gaps to 75’ front flip drops. Like my video games!

:p

Back
Top Bottom