Ringwood State Park Conditions

Whos available 3:00pm week days show me a couple loops before i start exploring deeper. Hate stopping at every intersection to look at TF.
Sorry but week days are no longer an option for me, I would have been happy to show you around, even though you would probably have to use the battery on your bike to revive me a couple of times or 10...definitely make sure to do the Ringwood-Ramapo Reroute off Ryerson and the new Cooper Union on the North side of the park.

2 large trees down on white trail, one right down from Pierson connector …. And second one right up from webley pond (bike work station) on White trail. Both require chainsaws.
9A5F603C-57BB-4CFC-BBA0-AEBE4932AD81.jpeg
47E35715-724A-44E5-958A-83D408E38913.jpeg

Whos available 3:00pm week days show me a couple loops before i start exploring deeper. Hate stopping at every intersection to look at TF.
I know the park very well and would love to do some late afternoon rides. old fat and slow, so you may need to wait at intersections anyway. FYI.

Tree down at end of RVCC/Skylands just up from pipeline where the tree skinny is. Some can still ride skinny but others will need to hop over …..
3E842CA0-31E2-407C-A49F-646622A404BE.jpeg

How does Ringwood compare to Sterling? Meaning is it similar, more flowy or less flowy or something completely different…

How does Ringwood compare to Sterling? Meaning is it similar, more flowy or less flowy or something completely different…

Depends on the trail....Ringwood is much larger than than Sterling but at the end of the day they're a mile or two apart so they're similar enough.

careful out there....lots of rock rollers missing some key rocks lately, two on red downhill heading toward warm puppy from sky....assuming this is a vandal. weird thing is the rocks are nowhere to be found and some were huge

careful out there....lots of rock rollers missing some key rocks lately, two on red downhill heading toward warm puppy from sky....assuming this is a vandal. weird thing is the rocks are nowhere to be found and some were huge
Just last week I found small similar conditions on red at the end where it leads into Warm Puppy. Large tree branches placed across all of the “B” lines…. Very dangerous since most were at the bottom! See photos
IMG_2935.jpeg
IMG_2936.jpeg
IMG_2937.jpeg

So, we have some new over zealous trail stewards who are possibly doing some attempted removals of "social trails" in Ringwood. My wife a less zealous trail steward ran into a hiker who hates MTD's and who was deliberately putting stuff on the trails to "fuck" with the bikes not sure if he is also involved with messing up the trails.

So, we have some new over zealous trail stewards who are possibly doing some attempted removals of "social trails" in Ringwood. My wife a less zealous trail steward ran into a hiker who hates MTD's and who was deliberately putting stuff on the trails to "fuck" with the bikes not sure if he is also involved with messing up the trails.
Great, now we have “Self appointed” trail stewards who have no regard for rider’s safety! These acts are harmful and malicious and they need to be confronted if seen doing such acts….

What is the currently accepted definition of 'social trail' ?

Great, now we have “Self appointed” trail stewards who have no regard for rider’s safety! These acts are harmful and malicious and they need to be confronted if seen doing such acts….
Don't count on the Park Police, they aren't even allowed to go after the quadtards, which by the way are flourishing...

I'm afraid the only possible path is to clean up after this idiot messing up with the trails.

I'm also a little nervous when I read on local text boards of someone 'improving' specific features on a trail...

There's now a bunch of kids in town that built rogue jump features on private property, hoping they do not start looking at building bigger features of somewhere where to resume their hobby once they get kicked out of the private property...

Not self appointed, The state part have hired trail stewards for all areas of Ringwood state park. They have hired Stewards for several years now. The dude that hates MTB's is just an angry dude sabotaging trails

The dude that hates MTB's is just an angry dude sabotaging trails

Someone should calmly explain to him that mountain bikers are a legal trail user of the park, and that it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt because of his sabotage. This is NJ, so he can expect to be sued when that happens.

Someone should calmly explain to him that mountain bikers are a legal trail user of the park, and that it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt because of his sabotage. This is NJ, so he can expect to be sued when that happens.
I would also mention that most trail have been built and maintained by mountain bikers...

I am not sure who the self appointed trail steward is but most likely not appointed by park or a formal volunteer group. I ran into a Steward from the NYNJTC yesterday in lot C. He was out repairing sabotaged blazes and removing a bell from warm puppy. So TC blazes are being sabotaged as well. I have no idea who nailed a bell to a tree up at warm puppy, but it is hard to have influence on someone that is not part of a group. All official trail stewards both for JORBA and NYNJTC in RSP are supervised by Art and me, so I doubt they are sabotaging trails. It is most likely a a misguided user or crazy person. If you can get a name or photo, we can forward to park police.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions