Rutgers Ecological Preserve Conditions

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Pretty much as good as it gets this afternoon...

PSX_20210314_174019.jpg

joenova

Went yesterday morning -- some pretty significantly muddy spots, mostly from freeze/thaw still, but nothing that forced me to turn around.

dvaidya

Is the trail easier than 6MR? Getting a beginner involved who struggled with 6MR last year so want to find trails to build up confidence before revisiting 6MR and other trails later in the season.

Steve Vai

Is the trail easier than 6MR? Getting a beginner involved who struggled with 6MR last year so want to find trails to build up confidence before revisiting 6MR and other trails later in the season.

Yes and no. Some sections of Blue are surprisingly tricky, the rest of the park is easier.

Davinchia1981

I ride here alot since it is very close to me. I love this place for its fun spots and difficult sections. Rutgers is doing a great job of conditioning the trails for hikers and bikers.

The main lot has 3 trail sections that have been graveled due to hikers and bikers going during freez thaw or afyer rain. Other sections have had mulch put down to try to combat the erosion I guess from all the traffic it gets now.

I went today and the typical spots were muddy and had lots of foot traffic. I avoid those areas. Hunters are very present at the moment so stay on trail and wear hi viz clothing. It's only bow but still hurts if hit. Lol

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
This place is literally minutes from me and I've only ridden there once about 15 years ago following someone who used to be on this board named Dave. I need to check this place out again. Where's the trail head?

Steve Vai

This should be interesting… I guess there is potential there… lots of skinny boardwalks with no room to pass

The outer loop definately won't meet NICA standards but the inner loop and Red would do it. Starting grid on the dirt road to the Parking Lot. Staging area in grass behind the Handball Courts. I can see it.

Top Bottom