Sanitization

Will

Not saying it's the case on Pickle but I saw a fairly large bear in Ramapo 3 weeks ago flipping over huge rocks on Cannonball near where it veers off to go over 287. Think he was looking for grubs. Seeing large rocks turned over on lots of trails, not just in waway. Also hearing there is an official plan in the works to make Jungle easier for the masses, which will really kill Jungle's appeal

V-Dub

Not saying it's the case on Pickle but I saw a fairly large bear in Ramapo 3 weeks ago flipping over huge rocks on Cannonball near where it veers off to go over 287. Think he was looking for grubs. Seeing large rocks turned over on lots of trails, not just in waway. Also hearing there is an official plan in the works to make Jungle easier for the masses, which will really kill Jungle's appeal
A plan to make Jungle easier.....? someone should let me know about that one.

Will

Yeah, not sure how good my info is but was told that the guy who designed/built the white trail (among others)in Ringwood is looking at reroutes and revisions in Jungle with Jorba. to me Jungle is perfect as it is. everything must be dumbed down I guess

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yeah, not sure how good my info is but was told that the guy who designed/built the white trail (among others)in Ringwood is looking at reroutes and revisions in Jungle with Jorba. to me Jungle is perfect as it is. everything must be dumbed down I guess

So you can talk to the JPIC (jorba people in charge ?) here on the board.

We don't need rumors.

@Bleeder can tell you everything you need to know about jungle. the work going on is to create connections, not change existing trails.

@pixychick can tell you everything you need to know about ringwood. And if they are involved in Jungle, it is because of their expertise in trail building and government engagement at a high level.

we aren't hiding sh*t like a high schooler worried the parents finding their condoms.

Last edited:

V-Dub

No offense but your info is not good, we are building and expanding into another large
piece of property there has never been any plans to change our existing stuff.
T

Ashcor

Pickle is not the trail it once was. I know some unsanctioned trails in Wayway since it is my backyard anyway, that are 100 times better, but I'll leave that there. I remember when Pickle was quite a bit more technical. Now, not so much. I ride it many times during the week and all the setups I used to need to do, no longer exist. Kind of sad actually. This is why I ride Stokes and High Point a lot more now. No flow trails being built back there, no pointless reroutes, no Sterling 4000 lines, straight tech. If you can't ride it, go home, simple as that.
Rode there earlier this year and said to my wife after going through Pickle "I remember this trail having more tricky sections.... did they change it?" it felt almost like a green trail

Will

So you can talk to the JPIC (jorba people in charge ?) here on the board.

We don't need rumors.

@Bleeder can tell you everything you need to know about jungle. the work going on is to create connections, not change existing trails.

@pixychick can tell you everything you need to know about ringwood. And if they are involved in Jungle, it is because of their expertise in trail building and government engagement at a high level.

we aren't hiding sh*t like a high schooler worried the parents will find their condoms.
so you don't know who's involved or what's going on?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
so you don't know who's involved or what's going on?

@V-Dub & @Bleeder can tell you exactly what is going on.

Will

I'm aware of that, that isn't what I'm referring to. talking about the widely used trails in jungle. heard it at town cycle. if you have info let me know, no reason to get upset

Bleeder

JORBA:President
I'm aware of that, that isn't what I'm referring to. talking about the widely used trails in jungle. heard it at town cycle. if you have info let me know, no reason to get upset
like @V-Dub said, no plans for changing any legacy trails in Jungle. We will be making a new loop on the burnt meadow side that incorporates some woods roads, and with a brand new section of trail to be built.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG

That info is not correct. As Bleeder said, there is a new area being opened up over by Burnt Meadow. Portions of this project are co managed by NYNJTC so Art and I were copied and Art may have done a walk through with Tom. I am not aware of any changes to jungle other than a possible connection to this new area. Plus, V-dub would never let that happen to jungle .

V-Dub

That info is not correct. As Bleeder said, there is a new area being opened up over by Burnt Meadow. Portions of this project are co managed by NYNJTC so Art and I were copied and Art may have done a walk through with Tom. I am not aware of any changes to jungle other than a possible connection to this new area. Plus, V-dub would never let that happen to jungle .
YES what @pixychick said ! I always wanted Jungle to have some teeth

Skunkape

I hate to dredge up this old thread. Every ride I see small changes being made to accommodate the modern sensibility that everything has to be easy and I generally blow it off. Participation awards and all that.

But now we have users cutting down trees that we have been going between without issue for years and I run 800 mm bars. Probably little chance that the culprit frequents this site but if you anyone that may be of the mindset, give them an education on why filters are good. I'm done yelling at clouds but I'll leave a couple of pics just to share the absurdity. First one is midway through Plymouth and second is at the low end of Mojo.
PXL_20230528_111822907.jpg
PXL_20230528_121457817.jpg

pibbles

I hate to dredge up this old thread. Every ride I see small changes being made to accommodate the modern sensibility that everything has to be easy and I generally blow it off. Participation awards and all that.

But now we have users cutting down trees that we have been going between without issue for years and I run 800 mm bars. Probably little chance that the culprit frequents this site but if you anyone that may be of the mindset, give them an education on why filters are good. I'm done yelling at clouds but I'll leave a couple of pics just to share the absurdity. First one is midway through Plymouth and second is at the low end of Mojo.
View attachment 214403View attachment 214404
I thought this was just a south jersey thing, only tech we have is twisting through trees but some a-holes just cant learn to ride their bikes. Hopin to get back to chimney rock while the rocks are still there...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions