Simple CR loop for out-of-shape riders

BPaze

Looking for a loop starting from ball fields for people that are out of shape so 6-8 miles. I have only been on a couple of rides here a few years ago so not overly familiar.

From ballfield:
  • go down behind the backmost portion the lot
  • cross the creek to get over to the Gilbride lot
  • take the black trail to Cromwell
  • do loops at Cromwell
  • then return the way you came
Should be no issue to get 6-8 miles in and most of the climbing can be limited to an easy gravel path at Cromwell.

Did just this ride last night w/ a buddy of mine who hasn't gotten much riding lately and is out of shape and he said it was the right amount (he parked at Gilbride lot and rode from there, starting at ballfield lot does not add much distance).

Rough sketch below (gravel path not on trailforks hence why parts of path look like there is no path)

1719599832391.png

Looking for a loop starting from ball fields for people that are out of shape so 6-8 miles. I have only been on a couple of rides here a few years ago so not overly familiar.

I also live 4 miles from CR. Show up to a Monday ride and I'll stick with you. Or shoot me a DM and we'll find time to ride. Would be more than happy to do whatever speed you got in you.

I'm going Sunday morning, taking my brother who is new to riding and I am getting back in after a good 6-10 months off bike. I want him to learn trails since he is a local and can ride without me there. If anyone is free for a tour cool but also no issues exploring to learn. It's how I learned most places.

Thank you for all the great loop options, please keep em coming. We will put something together and if we get lost we learn. I'm sure we will ride here a little more frequent since it's by him.

Last edited:
I'm going Sunday morning, taking my brother who is new to riding and I am getting back in after a good 6-10 months off bike. I want him to learn trails since he is a local and can ride without me there. If anyone is free for a tour cool but also no issues exploring to learn. It's how I learned most places.

Thank you for all the great loop options, please keep em coming. We will put something together and if we get lost we learn. I'm sure we will ride here a little more frequent since it's by him.
will be taking my son out Sunday morn just not sure what time

From ballfield:
  • go down behind the backmost portion the lot
  • cross the creek to get over to the Gilbride lot
  • take the black trail to Cromwell
  • do loops at Cromwell
  • then return the way you came
Should be no issue to get 6-8 miles in and most of the climbing can be limited to an easy gravel path at Cromwell.

Did just this ride last night w/ a buddy of mine who hasn't gotten much riding lately and is out of shape and he said it was the right amount (he parked at Gilbride lot and rode from there, starting at ballfield lot does not add much distance).

Rough sketch below (gravel path not on trailforks hence why parts of path look like there is no path)

View attachment 241610
Thank you everyone for the recommendations. Did something similar to this loop. It was great for my brother and likely going to ride here a good amount more to help build his fitness and skills

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions