Six Mile Red Trail Closure, Please Read

Ugh, thx. Not that it's a bad thing, but you end up doing more mileage if you want to hit everything...ended up with 21 miles there Sunday.
My personal opinion is that each person who is negatively impacted by this must reach out to the park to let them understand how this has impacted your enjoyment of this state park.

Perhaps noting how one must now ride on a mile of busy road to complete the loop that has been in place for decades.

Be kind, and Caring with your words. .

My personal opinion is that each person who is negatively impacted by this must reach out to the park to let them understand how this has impacted your enjoyment of this state park.

Perhaps noting how one must now ride on a mile of busy road to complete the loop that has been in place for decades.

Be kind, and Caring with your words. .
I thought I'd ask Microsoft Copilot to write the letter for me.

Here's the prompt:

1718121322221.png

and the response. Note Copilot figured out the Superintendent on its own.

1718121377777.png

YMMV with different prompts.

Copilot also got the right email address for me along with links to the page. I'm not pushing copilot (my work prohibits the use of any other AI tools), just showing this as an example.

1718121625192.png

Here's the prompt:

View attachment 240310

View attachment 240311

Copilot also got the right email address for me along with links to the page. I'm not pushing copilot (my work prohibits the use of any other AI tools), just showing this as an example.

View attachment 240312

That is a bit scary. 😁

Here's the prompt:

View attachment 240310

View attachment 240311

View attachment 240312
Just for sciences sake…I put the same exact question into my AI Chatbot

Here’s what I got. It’s pretty thick..

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

[Superintendent’s Name]
Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park
145 Mapleton Road
Princeton, NJ 08540

Dear [Superintendent’s Name],

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my deep disappointment and concern regarding the recent closure of the Red Trail between Jacques Lane and Canal Road. This trail has been a significant part of my life for decades, serving as a vital route for daily exercise, scenic enjoyment, and a safe passage away from the hazards of road traffic.

For many years, the Red Trail has been my sanctuary, offering a peaceful and secure environment for walking, jogging, and cycling. Its closure has left me, along with many other long-time users, with no alternative but to navigate roads that lack shoulders, significantly increasing the risk of accidents and injury. The roads in this area are frequently traveled by vehicles, and without a safe space for pedestrians and cyclists, the danger is palpable.

I understand that trail closures can be necessary for maintenance or other pressing concerns, but I urge you to consider the impact this decision has on the community. The Red Trail is not simply a path through the park; it is an irreplaceable part of our daily lives, promoting physical health, mental well-being, and a connection to nature. The current situation forces us into unsafe conditions, which is a serious concern that needs immediate attention.

I kindly request that you provide an update on the reasons behind the closure and any plans for reopening the trail. Additionally, if there are specific issues that need to be addressed, I would be more than willing to participate in community efforts to find a resolution. Ensuring the safety and accessibility of our beloved trail should be a priority, and I am confident that a collaborative approach will yield positive results.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and hope that together we can find a way to restore the Red Trail to its full glory for the benefit of all park users.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]

And the park manager is using her AI Bot with the following prompt.

Write a letter to disappointed mountain bikers over the closing of the red trail between Jacques Lane and Canal rd. Express sympathy for their situation and thank them for continuing to use the park. Offer alternative routes to use and provide ambiguous reasons for closing the trail that sound concerned for their safety.

I don't know about you folks, but when I start reading something that sounds too perfect and a bit wordy, I'm out. Those letters written by AI provide ideas, but imo, write your own shit.

I don't know about you folks, but when I start reading something that sounds too perfect and a bit wordy,
Yea they are super wordy. You can spot an AI letter pretty easily. People at work are starting to use it and it’s so obvious. I just lol when I see that shit.

Just for sciences sake…I put the same exact question into my AI Chatbot

Here’s what I got. It’s pretty thick..

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

[Superintendent’s Name]
Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park
145 Mapleton Road
Princeton, NJ 08540

Dear [Superintendent’s Name],

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my deep disappointment and concern regarding the recent closure of the Red Trail between Jacques Lane and Canal Road. This trail has been a significant part of my life for decades, serving as a vital route for daily exercise, scenic enjoyment, and a safe passage away from the hazards of road traffic.

For many years, the Red Trail has been my sanctuary, offering a peaceful and secure environment for walking, jogging, and cycling. Its closure has left me, along with many other long-time users, with no alternative but to navigate roads that lack shoulders, significantly increasing the risk of accidents and injury. The roads in this area are frequently traveled by vehicles, and without a safe space for pedestrians and cyclists, the danger is palpable.

I understand that trail closures can be necessary for maintenance or other pressing concerns, but I urge you to consider the impact this decision has on the community. The Red Trail is not simply a path through the park; it is an irreplaceable part of our daily lives, promoting physical health, mental well-being, and a connection to nature. The current situation forces us into unsafe conditions, which is a serious concern that needs immediate attention.

I kindly request that you provide an update on the reasons behind the closure and any plans for reopening the trail. Additionally, if there are specific issues that need to be addressed, I would be more than willing to participate in community efforts to find a resolution. Ensuring the safety and accessibility of our beloved trail should be a priority, and I am confident that a collaborative approach will yield positive results.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and hope that together we can find a way to restore the Red Trail to its full glory for the benefit of all park users.

Yours sincerely,

[Your Name]
The Red Trail is not simply a path through the park; it is an irreplaceable part of our daily lives, promoting physical health, mental well-being, and a connection to nature.

I lol’ed.
NGL, if you shave out some of the word fluff, its actually pretty good.

profile picture

edit

please write a us declaration of independence themed letter to request the reopening of the red trail at six mile run reservoir park for mountain biking and hiking. The closure has led to riding and hiking on a narrow road with two way traffic.​

edit
Show drafts

volume_up

gemini_sparkle_v002_d4735304ff6292a690345.svg

5+

www.ipl.org/essay/Declaration-Of-Independence-Dbq-FFE8F6B0DC60079D

www.nevadacarry.org/blog/the-next-civil-war-will-not-break-out-over-guns

www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/8734493/book-one-redone-coldbacon

theoracleonline.org/etc/2017/02/17/the-time-has-come-sparta-must-secede-from-west-springfield/

academic.oup.com/book/40838/chapter/348865905

www.aju.edu/ziegler-school-rabbinic-studies/our-torah/back-issues/korahs-declaration-independence

When Tyranny Closes Trails: A Plea for the Red Trail at Six Mile Run​

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for a people deprived of their rightful trails, to dissolve the bands of closure and to provide for themselves new Safety and Happiness, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to such a separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all trails are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of a good Ride (or Hike).
Prudent men, indeed, will endure for a long time, and are disposed to suffer while evils are sufferable, only when right to ride the Red Trail freely is withdrawn, and the necessity of altering their former Systems of trail use becomes evident.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism of narrow roads, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Tyranny, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Such has been the patient sufferance of these Mountain Bikers and Hikers; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of trail access. The history of the present Closure of the Red Trail is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these trails.
To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
  • The Closure forces us onto narrow byways, devoid of shoulders and safety, endangering ourselves and those who share the road.
  • It severs a vital connection, denying the joy of the Red Trail experience to a loyal community.
  • It deprives us of a path cherished for its beauty and challenge, a path that has fostered exercise and camaraderie for years.
We, therefore, the undersigned, Free Bikers and Hikers of Six Mile Run, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Trails, solemnly Publish and Declare, That these united Trails are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent Trails; That they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the Closure; and that they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent Trails may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
Let us not be forced to resort to dangerous byways! Let the Red Trail be reopened! Let common sense and a love for the outdoors prevail!

Ladies and gentlemen, patriots of our great nation, I stand before you today to address a matter of utmost importance. A matter that strikes at the very heart of our American values and our freedom to roam this beautiful land: the closure of the unsanctioned section of the Red Trail at Six Mile Reservoir.

Now, let me tell you something, folks. This closure, it's a disgrace. A travesty. How can we allow bureaucrats and liberal tree-huggers to dictate where we can and cannot tread? It's an affront to our liberty, our way of life. But fear not, my fellow Americans, for I have a solution.

We're going to change the color of the Red Trail to blue. That's right, folks. We'll make it blue, because nothing red should ever be closed. Red is the color of freedom, of passion, of America! And we can't let that be tainted by these overreaching regulations.

And what about the unsanctioned portion of the Blue Trail, you ask? Well, we're going to close that instead. Because, let me tell you, we're not just going to sit back and let some pencil-pushers tell us what to do. No sir! We're going to take back control of our trails, our wilderness, our country!

Now, why are we closing this section of the trail, you might wonder? Let me tell you why. Because there are sharks with freaking laser beams, folks. Sharks with freaking laser beams! And they're stockpiled in the Six Mile Run Stream, ready to wreak havoc on our communities. We can't let that happen. We can't let those sharks fall into the wrong hands. And we certainly can't let them get anywhere near the criminal mastermind Sleepy Joe Biden.

So, my fellow Americans, I urge you to stand with me in this fight. Stand up for our trails, for our freedom, for our way of life. Together, we will make America's trail great again! We will reclaim our land from the clutches of tyranny and bureaucracy. And we will ensure that nothing red is ever closed again!

Thank you, and God bless America!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions