Sleep therapy, for real or hocus-pocus

Mtbdog

Received one of these on Xmas. Any one have one?
20211227_084506.jpg

I use a white noise generator to overcome my tinnitus. It helps me a ton.
This. Same situation, tinnitus. Was hoping it would work as a distraction from tinnitus by listening to something.
PhD calling himself "The Sleep Doctor" is a huge red flag.

View attachment 174276
The conundrum, name is super hokey but seems like it holds potential just for the distraction factor.
Not real confident but worth a try.

Not sure about white noise, but I find rain forest sounds very relaxing ...

Not sure about white noise, but I find rain forest sounds very relaxing ...

It has 12 different settings. 4-7-8 breathing, calming meditation, zen, dream,ocean, storm, nature, air?, focus(pink? noise), quiet(white noise), peace(white noise and delta tones), and heartbeat. So far I used dream and storm

I did a bunch of reading (a far cry from research) and what I found is that anything with tones or music disrupts sleep. That’s how I landed on white noise. I don’t put it very high, but just enough so I’m not in silence with the high pitch “WEEEEEEEEEEE”

I’m a really light sleeper. I have a HomePod mini and I use that to play white noise. It works ok.

I’ve been eyeing those Bose sleep pods which are noise canceling and play white noise (among other sounds). $250 is steep, but any one with sleep issues would gladly pay that if it works.

It has 12 different settings. 4-7-8 breathing, calming meditation, zen, dream,ocean, storm, nature, air?, focus(pink? noise), quiet(white noise), peace(white noise and delta tones), and heartbeat. So far I used dream and storm
my wife sleeps with the tv on ( low) …. Which means that “I” have had to sleep with the TV on for the last…shit… nearly 30 years ! Help a brother out and report your findings back…

My cpap makes plenty of noise but I have officially entered old man sleep disorder. I can get sleep most times but then after 3 hrs I'm usually up and most times for the remainder of the morning. Covid has been great for power naps. Not sure how this gonna work getting back to regular schedule life doe.

I haven’t used a white noise machine, but occasionally use an app that tells nonsense stories in hypnotic voices, it usually knocks me out in less then 20 minutes and shuts off after 30 min. I will go through phases where it will take hours to fall asleep and this is about the only thing that works for me

I use an air purifier with fan as a quiet, functional source of "white noise" and I follow short guided meditations to fall asleep. I agree with others, at the very least the white noise filters out most distracting sounds from the environment.

I did a bunch of reading (a far cry from research) and what I found is that anything with tones or music disrupts sleep. That’s how I landed on white noise. I don’t put it very high, but just enough so I’m not in silence with the high pitch “WEEEEEEEEEEE”
this is exactly what I would also have written. and any of the water or ocean sounds makes me feel like I have to pee.

Back
Top Bottom