Smokeless fire pits

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
CNC plasma table here at work handles 8ft x 20ft plates up to 2" thick (I think).

This is made from 1/4" hot rolled steel. Notice the warping in the action photos vs no firewood.
View attachment 227281
View attachment 227282
View attachment 227283
This thing is awesome. I would think you might want some grab holes up high on the flat side to use as grab handles when it is cool?? also perhaps some decorative cuts to allow air in and light out? I guess the possibilities are endless.. Perhaps a sliding door to empty ash into a pan below??

Cole

We started the with solo but found it too small and it really didn't warm you up very much.

I then discovered the breeo and it seemed to be more of what I was after.

It burns well, it super tough and it actually warms you up.

View attachment 227300View attachment 227301View attachment 227302
Uhhh, bonfires usually warm you up regardless of the vessel...

JDurk

We started the with solo but found it too small and it really didn't warm you up very much.

I then discovered the breeo and it seemed to be more of what I was after.

It burns well, it super tough and it actually warms you up.

View attachment 227300View attachment 227301View attachment 227302
Proper way to use a Breeo firepit. What size is your's.
This thing is awesome. I would think you might want some grab holes up high on the flat side to use as grab handles when it is cool?? also perhaps some decorative cuts to allow air in and light out? I guess the possibilities are endless.. Perhaps a sliding door to empty ash into a pan below??
Thanks. As I mentioned, not my design, just reverse engineered. If you Google Stahl Firepit, looks like Etsy has many copycats selling for much less than Stahl. It's 5 individual flat parts that get assembled without tools or welding. I have some ideas for grab handles and custom decorative bits. Definitely endless possibilities. Will have to scan through the Etsy pages. I have a project making a logo sign for my brother's tavern first.

Last edited:

chuprinko

We like to see the coals and flames, so did the DIY version. Steel fire ring, drilled the holes along rim, highheat paint, set into a brick base with about 2" gap between the two. Bricks set with some mastic to prevent air loss from outside. (2) base level 4" openings to allow airflow to inner ring. Does really seem to help with reduction of smoke. *quality step bit required!
Of course good hardwood helps a lot.

Attachments

• 20231012_183327.jpg
    20231012_183327.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 18

THATmanMANNY

I don’t need it. Just sharing. I like my Weber grill as a fire pit but this is prettier. I don’t light fire enough to justify the purchase

Solo grill $160 or with grilling accessories $185

This looks like a great alt to there real fire pits.
I like the stand to bring the heat closer to the body/face and all around heat coming from bottom too.

https://tools.woot.com/offers/solo-...1ee81b602cd0a82b821&utm_source=Slickdeals+LLC

Top Bottom