Smokeless fire pits

qclabrat

Are they as great as advertised? We've had chimineas but never setup our big fire pit ring for fear of burning down the house. Do these also contain cinders better? Seems like every hipster has one in their yard

Zero complaints from Solo... My sister and I both have them. They work well, but all fires smoke less if they are hot. This helps I guess.

Attachments

• 20230521_183550.jpg
    20230521_183550.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 37
I have a solo and a chiminea. The solo has less smoke but it isn’t “smokeless”. You also have to clean it out well to ensure that airflow isn’t clogged. The quality of the fire makes more of a difference with the smoke.

The good thing about the solo is that the sides of it don’t get as hot, and I’m guessing you could use it on a deck. I still like seeing the fire like in the chiminea best though.

We were gifted a Ranger Bonfire Solo Stove (the second largest) and while it's neat I feel like a lot is lost when you don't have a real visible fire in front of you. If I was buying one I'd go for more of a fire pit unless there's some mid-way option.

Much less smoke which is really nice and probably easier to get a fire started. And while I could probably put it on my deck, I kinda like my house so I put it on pavers next to my deck w/ chairs around it.

Last edited:
We were gifted a Ranger Solo Stove (the second largest) and while it's neat I feel like a lot is lost when you don't have a real visible fire in front of you. If I was buying one I'd go for more of a fire pit unless there's some mid-way option.

Much less smoke which is really nice and probably easier to get a fire started. And while I could probably put it on my deck, I kinda like my house so I put it on pavers next to my deck w/ chairs around it.
I agree, def less heat. Again, a regular fire pit with dry wood and kept hot is just as smokeless. But the Solos are still good.

Hmm, what fun is a fire pit without fire. Never had problems with a fire pit with well seasoned wood.

I have a solo as well. If you can’t see the fire you aren’t doing it right… Solo also makes a heat deflector if you are trying to keep warm and throw off more heat. Well seasoned wood makes it smoke less, and cleaning helps too. I’ve probably burned 2 cords of wood in mine already. I have a big stone firepit in the yard as well. Sometimes I will have both burning. Why? I like to burn shit. 😎

Last edited:
I have a solo as well. If you can’t see the fire you aren’t doing it right… Solo also makes a heat deflector if you are trying to keep cost and throw off more heat. Well seasoned wood makes it smoke less, and cleaning helps too. I’ve probably burned 2 cords of wood in mine already. I have a big stone firepit in the yard as well. Sometimes I will have both burning. Why? I like to burn shit. 😎
This.

It burns really hot and heat up quickly. Easy to empty too.

I've been using an old Weber charcoal grill without the grilling grate of course. Works great
I’ve actually seen a set up with one of the mini Webers (tailgate size) used for this-
A border of pavers built up around it for aesthetics, and blammo/
Not the worst idea in the world and can double as a cooker.

I’ve owned the solo and the breo. They are both nice. The breo is way tougher and it won’t fall apart if left outside.

Never cook on one unless you want to always have a food smell vs a wood smell.

Also.. hit up a local karate spot. I have endless boards that the kids break every day as fuel. They this then away otherwise D9F39260-6A5C-4EB9-BA17-12A8C4CE7396.jpegIMG_3062.jpeg.

I’ve owned the solo and the breo. They are both nice. The breo is way tougher and it won’t fall apart if left outside.

Never cook on one unless you want to always have a food smell vs a wood smell.

Also.. hit up a local karate spot. I have endless boards that the kids break every day as fuel. They this then away otherwise View attachment 214127View attachment 214128.
Haha, my wife and daughter do karate and it was board breaking week, so they brought home what they break. My wife said, we can have a bon fine with all this wood....

I liked the look of the Breo a lot more, but the price was about double wh ni bought my solo on sale.

the Weber on wheels is great. And the smoke or fumes start higher so when the wind blows the crap or smoke doesn’t blow directly in faces like they do when the fire is lower. Also, the heat radiates through the metal 360 degrees every which way. A+

A couple days ago at a neighbors with their solo stove. Bragging about the new solo stove. It smoked like a mother f’er lol. Probably bad wood.

Love right now. Don’t know it till you try it.
3B8C5CC6-66B3-48A7-B38A-F5840729FEE1.jpeg

A couple days ago at a neighbors with their solo stove. Bragging about the new solo stove. It smoked like a mother f’er lol. Probably bad wood.

Love right now. Don’t know it till you try it.
View attachment 214245
In reality, it’s only going to be smokeless if the wood is stacked below the ring of holes..

Also, dry wood.

Screw smokeless. When stuff needs to get done, just get the fire hot enough!

IMG_6929.jpeg
Oh yea and burn it at night so it doesn’t make the neighbors call the cops.

Back
Top Bottom