Sterling Forest Trail Conditions

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Yea, I saw you, I was the guy on an e bike that your wolf pack said hello to. I was out early enough to take advantage frozen ground, when the ground started to go soft, I packed it in. When I was leaving the lake parking lot is when a couple groups showed up. I am sure they had some peanut butter mud riding. Get out early enough to avoid the thaw.
Where did you start? Did you ride any of the older 7 mile loop? Wondering if there were any trees down on the trail?

scott62

I started at lake parking lot and went clockwise around the whole loop. The climb up to the power lines had a couple small tree issues, I dragged them off so they were clear after I was through.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I started at lake parking lot and went clockwise around the whole loop. The climb up to the power lines had a couple small tree issues, I dragged them off so they were clear after I was through.
Was this your loop?

Sterling Clockwise Big.jpg

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Hutch in between the purple loop is all clear as of last Saturday.

I saw what I assume to be what was cleared on ME when I walked it in the rain a few weeks ago.
Doesn't matter at this point. Based on all the fallen branches in my yard, it's going to be a disaster all around.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Yesterday I hiked from South Gate parking lot to the Dragon’s Tail at the power line. Trails were soft in spots but not terrible. Today’s rain will make tomorrow’s conditions (Sunday, March 3rd) pretty messy, especially on the newer trails and in the morning.

If you must ride, wait until later in the day- after 2pm. Do not park at Laurel Meadows and stay off the new loop (Augusta Mine & Redback). Stick to the old loop, starting from South Gate or Caretaker parking lots.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions