Stokes SF Trail Directory

BAIN

Take a look at my post for the most direct non road ride from high point to stokes or vice versa. If you are trying to do a 2 day ride from high point to gap, you might want to stick to roads, because it is not going to happen unless you are planning on using lights there jeopardizing your health. If you ever need a lead or travel companion, either myself or my buddy craig have mtb or hikes every trail in HP, Stokes and Worthington. Great area, wish it was better maintained, rode more, but hey its great not seeing people when your out there = isn't that what it is all about!

last thing = great loop for first timers at stokes.

Coursen, Stony Lake Trail to Lackner, Swenson, Tinsley, Blue Mountain, Waterfall, Lackner!

mtn

btw, apparantely there is no riding on the monument and swangunk trails. oh well though, if im the only person that rides them.

If you ever need a lead or travel companion, either myself or my buddy craig have mtb or hikes every trail in HP, Stokes and Worthington. Great area, wish it was better maintained, rode more, but hey its great not seeing people when your out there = isn't that what it is all about!

Last Sunday a handful of us rode from High Point to Millbrook Village. The route we followed was:

- Iris Trail to Deckertown Road
- Deckertown Rd to Parker Trail
- Parker to Steam Mill to Blue Mountain
- Blue Mountain to Stony Brook to Coursen to 206
- Across 206 down Woods Road to Del Water Gap Nat'l Rec Area (gate), then continued on VERY overgrown and neglected trail down to Mountain Rd (near Buttermilk Falls).
- Continued down Mountain; just before crossing the Flatbrook, turned left on Donkey Hollow trail, and followed it up and over the mountain (below Blue Mountain Lake), ending with a long descent into Millbrook Village.

Really cool ride! Imagine a trail from High Point all the way to the Gap... (a kind of multi-use trail parallelling the Appalachian Trail)... THAT'S what we need... a Trans-Skylands Trail... We should talk... Contact me at montclairbobbyb@gmail.com

Peace,
BB

Here's a shot of us at Lake Rutherford... I actually rode my Fargo, lightly loaded with slicks... It kicked!!!
4062822214_a3fc748951_m.jpg

BadLine

Stokes Loop

Here is a good loop of Stokes for those looking to ride a truly amazing but often overlooked park. Maybe Norm could use it for the trail directory.

The terrain is not tame but it is fun stuff.

Coursen, Stoney Lake Trail, Swenson, Howell, Parker, Saw Mill, Blue Mt., Kittle Field Trail and Lackner.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/44386970

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How technical is this? I'd really like to try this park out someday soon.

BadLine

How technical is this? I'd really like to try this park out someday soon.

There a few sections that are challenging and a few sections were I get off the bike but the majority is ridable.

Let me know when you are going, maybe I can show you around.

mtn

There a few sections that are challenging and a few sections were I get off the bike but the majority is ridable.

Let me know when you are going, maybe I can show you around.

Get off the bike! Thats preposterous. No really, it is.

The Kalmyk

I dont have to be so modest... If Badline is getting off the bike there is 98% chance everyone else on this board is as well

Top Bottom