Switchback trail

kaitlyn

Hey peeps. So, where is the entrance to switchback, anyway? Is trailforks wrong? It has the trailhead on snake hill, and I only found a connector some distance in. Also these trails could use some blazes, so I might make some on my cnc and put them up, once I learn the routes a bit more solidly and no one says "no! we hide the trails on this side!" or something. It's a bit vague right now with all the leaves.
Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.28.28 PM.png

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So, where is the entrance to switchback, anyway? Is trailforks wrong?

Looks like trailforks is wrong. The singletrack doesn't start from the road, you take the double track in a ways and make a left. There's a little rock pile at the turn.

Also these trails could use some blazes, so I might make some on my cnc and put them up, once I learn the routes a bit more solidly and no one says "no! we hide the trails on this side!" or something.

Please don't blaze any of the unblazed trails over there.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
as far as TF regions go, trails on the west side of Green Pond are Rockaway or Telemark trails not WCR and maintained by Telemark Trails group, not the "other" group...lol

Last edited:

kaitlyn

as far as TF regions go, trails on the west side of Green Pond are Rockaway or Telemark trails not WCR and maintained by Telemark Trails group, not the "other" group...lol
Oh cool, that means the "don't ride except Sundays during hunting season" doesn't apply to them, right?

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
yeah, that trailforks blip got me the first time i rode it too. Head into doubletrack from Snake Hill and it's the first left. By the yellow line it looks like you rode it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions