The Covid effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My total commute is for the week is 1:20 or 2 hours.
But get to see their family.

My total commute is for the week is 1:20 or 2 hours.
I mean I can’t be sure like @Dave Taylor and speak on behalf of the “bulk” of people in NJ. I can say that my wife drives a total of 1 hr a week to and from her job and I’m close to a 5hrs a week total so if I did my math right 1+5=6 so therefore 6 <10-15 which makes me not apart of the “bulk” of people in NJ

Does a bear shit in the woods?
Well you flunked that one.
But get to see their family.

My total commute is for the week is 1:20 or 2 hours
I guess you don’t get that this is temporary for me. Currently I do not see my family 3 days of the week. It could be worse. I could have a family and be on tour in Afganistan. Or I could be a corporate employee and have to fly to another city each week and be away from family. Is it ideal? No. Have I claimed that it is ideal? No. I may go back to my old job which is 4 miles from the house. The reason I left is that I had a shitty boss . They fired him a week after I quit. All I’m saying is a degree doesn’t make you successful and does a school, a class, or a seminar. Because I have made some mistakes (I have openly said that I have) does not mean I don’t have financial sense. For someone arguing that we have a good economy…read this…https://www.investopedia.com/govern...d Relief Package 1,6, 2020 by President Trump. now go back to March 2020 right before we printed our way out of financial collapse. Unfortunately for future generations they will be pretty screwed. Pretty much any first time homeowners or people paying rent.But people will argue anything. Like saying an 8% mortgage isn’t bad. Well compared to rates 30 years ago it’s not but you weren’t paying 8% on a home at extremely elevated price points either. My $2500 mortgage would be around $4 grand if I was forced to refinance now.

I mean I can’t be sure like @Dave Taylor and speak on behalf of the “bulk” of people in NJ. I can say that my wife drives a total of 1 hr a week to and from her job and I’m close to a 5hrs a week total so if I did my math right 1+5=6 so therefore 6 <10-15 which makes me not apart of the “bulk” of people in NJ
Sure. If you sugar coat it and don’t account for summer shore traffic. Was your commute always like that? No. I mean honestly you had a perfect commute 2 years ago but you moved further away to better your quality of life. You sit here and reply like you’re a saint , watering his brown grass every day to make it green. You leave out the “coc*suc*er mothe%fu$ker mode that tou go i to almost every day of your commute. Remember all those times I said “tell me you’re from Jersey without saying tou’re from Jersey”. Talkin the talk isn’t walkin the walk. How about hating on all the instagrammers and now you’re one of them? I’m far from perfect and never claim to be. I have issues like anyone. I’m allowed to voice my opinion just like you are. You also chose to reply rather than ignore. If you choose to try and belittle and make fun of me that’s on you. I also never said you or anyone had to leave the state just because of my opinion. I just pointed out what you were saying was hypocritical.

Being a plumber/pipefitter I had to commute 18 hrs. a week and work 6 days and 10 hour shifts it was well worth it to sit back and enjoy my retirement now.
It wasn't perfect but I actually loved my job. Pipe was my life. But talking to a lot of 30 to 40 year olds with college educations that don't like the field they chose.
Which is pretty sad I always say your job should make you happy and a decent wage. Try to find the balance. Getting out on your bike is always good for the mental
satisfaction. Pedal Pedal Pedal

I am staying closer to work now to stay away from shore traffic. Total commute including to and from Md is now about 10.5. Ideal? No, much better? Yes. Part of the reason as I mentioned before is I was over my previous job because of a shitty boss. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do and I always liked my old boss and the owner of the company. It was hands down the best employer I worked for. So I said I would try it. They gave me a good bonus to come back, flexible hours, a vehicle and fuel to take to Md, profit sharing and xmas bonus as well as a laptop and phone. This combined with total compensation package put my almost 50% over my previous package. The company owner is older(the reason I know this is temporary) and has done a ton for my family so I figured I would help him out a little more. The company was in a bind trying to find and decent skilled labor.
Total commute time for the week is 3hrs30 minutes.

Last edited:
…read this…https://www.investopedia.com/government-stimulus-efforts-to-fight-the-covid-19-crisis-4799723#:~:text=Stimulus and Relief Package 1,6, 2020 by President Trump. now go back to March 2020 right before we printed our way out of financial collapse. Unfortunately for future generations they will be pretty screwed.
I just want to confirm that we're only talking about Relief Package #5 since the first 4 Relief Packages were signed by Trump, so those don't count?

Last edited:
Sure. If you sugar coat it and don’t account for summer shore traffic. Was your commute always like that? No. I mean honestly you had a perfect commute 2 years ago but you moved further away to better your quality of life. You sit here and reply like you’re a saint , watering his brown grass every day to make it green. You leave out the “coc*suc*er mothe%fu$ker mode that tou go i to almost every day of your commute. Remember all those times I said “tell me you’re from Jersey without saying tou’re from Jersey”. Talkin the talk isn’t walkin the walk. How about hating on all the instagrammers and now you’re one of them? I’m far from perfect and never claim to be. I have issues like anyone. I’m allowed to voice my opinion just like you are. You also chose to reply rather than ignore. If you choose to try and belittle and make fun of me that’s on you. I also never said you or anyone had to leave the state just because of my opinion. I just pointed out what you were saying was hypocritical.
To be fair the shore traffic usually is the worst during the summer months based on the fact it’s beach season. Since I don’t teach in the summer it not really that much of a problem because I for one don’t commute to the beach. My commute isn’t bad at all in fact i actually at times will ride my bike to school to better enhance the overall environmental experience.

I thank you for the kind words but I am no saint. I typically don’t air my laundry on social media platforms or message boards. Do I promote products on social yes because it’s a part of my job. Which further contributes to my passion for off-road racing in a meaningful way to help endorse a product I believe in that could help people also.

if your concerned with how others view your opinion, maybe keep it to yourself. Hence, why you started this thread. I think the meaning you’re looking for this thread is not going to be able to provide you.

They all count. I don't do politics but the "lesser of two evils" is BS. If you are done ignoring the obvious this chart shows where the markets were going when covid hit. Instead, we printed the next 3 generations into debt with $6 trillion dollars and made the current middle class feel like they made it,SPY.png
I just want to confirm that we're only talking about Relief Package #5 since the first 4 Relief Packages were signed by Trump, so those don't count?

Correct, shore traffic is Memorial Day to Labor Day. You chose to come on this thread and try and poke at me. I am plenty thick skinned. I'm all for promoting products if you get a discount on them. I just said it was hypocritical a bit as you used to mock others and hate on them forgoing the same. This threads started show the negatives that covid caused. If people want to deny things and be fake optimistic then go buy a house a great bargain price now. Go afford all of those things that aren't 20-50% higher since covid. I'm just stating the obvious and people prefer to wear their horse blinders.
To be fair the shore traffic usually is the worst during the summer months based on the fact it’s beach season. Since I don’t teach in the summer it not really that much of a problem because I for one don’t commute to the beach. My commute isn’t bad at all in fact i actually at times will ride my bike to school to better enhance the overall environmental experience.

I thank you for the kind words but I am no saint. I typically don’t air my laundry on social media platforms or message boards. Do I promote products on social yes because it’s a part of my job. Which further contributes to my passion for off-road racing in a meaningful way to help endorse a product I believe in that could help people also.

if your concerned with how others view your opinion, maybe keep it to yourself. Hence, why you started this thread. I think the meaning you’re looking for this thread is not going to be able to provide you.

Exactly, what is the goal?
Let’s be honest, do you really care what the goal is? He didn’t come on here as a friend to say anything supportive or constructive. You came on here to badger me. Let’s keep it simple and what it is you chose to come in here and give me a hard time and break my balls. Let’s stop pretending like you actually give a shit. Oh, and I’m just saying this for someone else.

Does the timeline matter to you guys? If I say that it’s temporary, that means it’s temporary. My company offered to cover all moving expenses and to help out with a house. As a family, we made the decision a long time ago not to move back to New Jersey. I am solely here for work. I may be working here in a year, that can still be temporary believe it or not. What I find the job that suits me, is convenient and pays what I want then I will stop working in NJ. I’m not a person that likes to hop around a different jobs all the time, so why would I take a job that I don’t really want?

Lastly, I am allowed to not want to move back to New Jersey. You guys are allowed to like New Jersey. Just like someone that wants to live in thumb. Fuck Tennessee. They are allowed to live there and wear a cowboy hat if they want. I wish I was at home every day of the week right now? Yes I do. You can still break my balls and make fun of me for it. If that’s what you wanna do as grown men. In a sense, I am grateful for Covid, otherwise I would still be living in New Jersey. Not the worst case scenario, but Covid gave me the opportunity to get out. Something I had always wanted to do. Honestly, the wife and I were looking to buy a house in Denver back in 2008. we ended up getting stuck here. Has the in-laws offered us their place in Flemington while they moved to Singapore for work for two years. Not an excuse, I just didn’t take that opportunity to get out. Once again, you don’t need to be so sensitive and take it as me telling you to get out. Getting out and moving somewhere else was the right thing for me and my family. If you really enjoy New Jersey, stay here and love it to death.

DT makes thread about his current situation post COVID.

People ask him about his long term plan in regard to the long commute he mentions in the op.

DT:

Surprised Pikachu - Meming Wiki

What was the point of this thread? Did DT think we'd all just come in to shit on NJ with him?

I empathize with DT (not the guy that was indicted for 91 felonies, the OP.)

Over the last 25 years I have done a ton of business travel. Not that London, Toronto, Geneva, Munich, Dublin and France are bad places to be for a few days, but a night in Syracuse or a series of weeks in Rochester suck.

I made a choice and enjoyed it all. My daughter graduated from a competitive college program at the top of her class. Her last year I asked her if it was difficult. She said that if she worked half as hard as she had in the Land of Make Believe HS, she still would have been #1. The schools in Tennessee are not as good as the Land of Make Believe.

Last edited:
I empathize with DT (not the guy that was indicted for 91 felonies, the OP.)

Over the last 25 years I have done a ton of business travel. Not that London, Toronto, Geneva, Munich, Dublin and France are bad places to be for a few days, but a night in Syracuse or a series of weeks in Rochester suck.

I made a choice and enjoyed it all. My daughter graduated from a competitive college program at the top of her class. Her last year I asked her if it was difficult. She said that if she worked half as hard as she had in the Land of Make Believe HS, she still would have been #1. The schools in Tennessee are not as good.
What's the Land of Make Believe High School?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom