The Guitar Player Thread.

The Bigsby was added, but the seller (A Pawn Shop in AC) had no idea if there were other mods or knew about fret condition.
I will forever associate a Bigsby on a Les Paul with this guy.

1716677452603.jpeg
I saw “Rust Never Sleeps” at the cinema (Movie City 5 in East Brunswick) in the summer of 1979, when I was between 7th and 8th grade. Dropped off by my mother, and picked up by my buddy’s mother. Surrounded by people who smuggled in bottles of all sorts of alcohol. When the lights went out and the “No Smoking” banner came on the screen, there was a hail of lit cigarettes flying.

Still a vital experience in my musical/cultural development.

Last edited:
They did not know the neck specs, in my experience with eBay that is a huge issue as Gibsons, even standards, neck profiles can vary greatly:

- Fat 50’s style
- Thin Taper
- Thin and wide like the late 50’s Junior DC’s
- 60’s style
- And there are others

Some of these are unplayable to me as I have small hands with arthritis settling in.

The Bigsby was added, but the seller (A Pawn Shop in AC) had no idea if there were other mods or knew about fret condition.

It was a 20 minute drive for me and there were few bidders. Score - the guitar plays great.
That’s awesome dude. I follow a bunch of players that collect them and are always chasing very different specs. Mark Morton from lamb of god is a huge collector and will usually post a tone video with a different guitar every Sunday. It’s wild how many variations there are. I could see myself going down the rabbit hole real quick. I got super lucky with the Studio I bought in like 2003… every other one I’ve played after that felt like garbage.

That’s awesome dude. I follow a bunch of players that collect them and are always chasing very different specs. Mark Morton from lamb of god is a huge collector and will usually post a tone video with a different guitar every Sunday. It’s wild how many variations there are. I could see myself going down the rabbit hole real quick. I got super lucky with the Studio I bought in like 2003… every other one I’ve played after that felt like garbage.

Mark Morton is awesome, I follow a lot of his stuff and have had the privilege of seeing him perform live.

But yes - the combos and specs are all over the place, IMHO that is a good amount of the fun!

Mark Morton is awesome, I follow a lot of his stuff and have had the privilege of seeing him perform live.

But yes - the combos and specs are all over the place, IMHO that is a good amount of the fun!
I’ve seen mark play at least a dozen times. I even pre ordered a signed copy of his book. I’m a huge Jackson fan because…Metal… but I was so stoked when he moved to Gibson because I knew he had this massive collection that he wasn’t allowed to post about lol

Update: This apparently sold out very quickly. I intended to go directly to the Count Basie box office for tickets (we live 15 minutes away). By the time I could get there, all tickets were sold. Same with the other area dates. ☹️
I was lucky enough to get tix for this. Really looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom