Things that make you smile :)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is accurate HOWEVER I never took classes on how to tuck or what an Adam's apple really is.

I'm also red-green color blind and wrote disregarding a red traffic signal tickets for 25 years. Defense attorney never asked...

i thought they stacked all traffic lights in the same order for those of you who cant tell the difference between red and green (red on top green on bottom, or left - right) . . . . . you can you still tell which one is lit up and which one is not right?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As a red-green color blind dude, I can tell the different between red vs. green lights or say poison ivy vs. weeds. But sometimes I get confused.

Did you ever pull over the wrong car based on color?

I always had a harder time with the new LED green traffic lights and the old, white street lights. Say, on Route 22 late at night. But when they cycled to yellow or red, I could see it fine.

No. But the guys I worked with knew to give me other info. Dark or light colored, or better...make and model or partial plate or something. If I called in a vehicle description, I usually just said light or dark unless it was white, bright red, black, or something obvious. Being a car guy, it was usually make and model anyways.

Last edited:

serviceguy

i assume your just confirming that you agree with me, since thats exactly what i said
It’s not a yes or no answer, I was lazy and did not read your post to its end…yes, I would think you should be able to tell the light based on the position as you said, and no because I did not read the part were you said left-right…I could just picture a color blind driver getting confused by the horizontal stop light as I never had to figure out the color horizontal sequence but always went by the color…so, yes I confirm what you said even though I have no title to do so…

thegock

i thought they stacked all traffic lights in the same order for those of you who cant tell the difference between red and green (red on top green on bottom, or left - right) . . . . . you can you still tell which one is lit up and which one is not right?

Except the one in Syracuse in an old Irish hood. Cuz the orange can never be above the green, it kept getting vandalized, so the town switched it.CATH ROLL MVIMG_20190710_190246_1-01.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMG_1936.jpeg

I've posted about this before, and it's a sad day, but the way we celebrate makes me smile. These light up reindeer are now 25+ years old, and they were a gift from a friend that is no longer with us. Every year on the anniversary of his passing, I pull them out of the basement and set them up, and we hang out outside and have a few drinks. What makes me smile is the cars that slow down as they go by, and what our neighbors must think, when we put Christmas decorations out at the end of March.

Top Bottom