Tree down on Laurel close to the gator

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Already spoke to Chris
1000016797.jpg

@knobbyhead , you missed a few.

In addition to down tree on Laurel Ridge there are two others down on Grand Tour.

View attachment 222993

View attachment 222995

Be careful of this one, ground wasps are near the trail, you can see them buzzing in and out of the hole.
View attachment 222997
Lol I didn't ride that section. It was a short ride today. I took a left at the gator and rode belly buster.

After all that rain, the trails were in really nice shape.

Darn wasps!!!

Lol I didn't ride that section. It was a short ride today. I took a left at the gator and rode belly buster.

After all that rain, the trails were in really nice shape.

Darn wasps!!!

Fuck those ground wasps - my wife, dogs and I got attacked yesterday while hiking at Huber. I got stung 5x, wife 4 and the dogs must have gotten a bunch as they were going apeshit.

I've come across nests more than a few times and I've gotten a sting or 2 but this time was pretty gnarly. Still feeling it today.

@pooriggy - the nest was right next to that corner with roller that Beach Boy Brian and I worked on one TM (not far from where it crosses over the old trail).

come across nests more than a few times and I've gotten a sting or 2 but this time was pretty gnarly. Still feeling it today.
This year seems worse then usual for ground wasps. A lot of people have gotten attacked by a nest.

Reactions: don
I had a nest in front of my house. Just a small hole was visible but it turned out it was about 9" in diameter and a similar depth. I came out one morning and it was destroyed, just a hole in the ground with ripped up honeycomb all over the place. Weirdly, a hose I had left out was dragged about 15' away too. Assume it was a raccoon.

• Wow
This year seems worse then usual for ground wasps. A lot of people have gotten attacked by a nest.
I have noticed there has been a lot more of them this year at Hart and Huber.

You and UK Steve got bitten at least a couple times at that one TM.

I came out one morning and it was destroyed, just a hole in the ground with ripped up honeycomb all over the place. Weirdly, a hose I had left out was dragged about 15' away too. Assume it was a raccoon.
Given the ferocity of those insects, this event would be something to see: An animal capable of digging them up and eating them? Holy shit.

Given the ferocity of those insects, this event would be something to see: An animal capable of digging them up and eating them? Holy shit.
I had been spraying it (from a distance) with a wasp killer. I wonder if the hive was weakened.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions