upgrades for Daniels Rd Park in Saratoga NY

JPark

There is a new trail open that accesses a new parking location.
Not only is the new parking lot closer to the Thruway but it also shares a parking lot with a BREWERY with food.
BRILLIANT!
saratoga.png

I rode from there last Fall. It's great.
Starts with a bit of a climb to get to the trail network, that means an awesome downhill finish to Artisanal Brewery.
Brewery is also great. Good beer, food & vibe.
Thanks for reminding me I need to go back!

20231026_154005.jpg

20231026_171506.jpg

20231026_174709.jpg

original_234e7484-370e-4de5-95d6-d097c318cc8d_20231026_175054.jpg

I rode from there last Fall. It's great.
Starts with a bit of a climb to get to the trail network, that means an awesome downhill finish to Artisanal Brewery.
Brewery is also great. Good beer, food & vibe.
Thanks for reminding me I need to go back!

View attachment 238401

View attachment 238402
View attachment 238403
View attachment 238404
Unfortunately I was there on a day the brewery was closed but that place has such cool terrain.
There are rock gardens for every skill level! Rock slab after rock slab...

Rode that park last year, we painted the entire network, every trail in 2 days!!! Such much good stuff up there, tons of rollers and features !!! I highly recommend you put this place on your short list, we did an air B&B, 10 min from the trail head and it was cheap too !!! You can drive up to the Lake George area for good eats and entertainment.

• Advanced Loop: A 20mil loop around the northern and southern parts of the network for a true challenge!
    • This is a very difficult route, requiring high technical riding skills and endurance. We anticipate this loop will take 4+ hours.
REALLY? Trails that hard?

• Advanced Loop:A 20mil loop around the northern and southern parts of the network for a true challenge!
    • This is a very difficult route, requiring high technical riding skills and endurance. We anticipate this loop will take 4+ hours.
Probably on par with Mooch or Wildcat. I think. Maybe...

• Advanced Loop:A 20mil loop around the northern and southern parts of the network for a true challenge!
It definitely takes a while to get around there. There's always some rock feature you want to loop around to hit and the trails tend to be curvy and you never really pick up a lot of speed on downhills. My GPS was getting poor reception there so it kept telling me I was making wrong turns when I wasn't.

The double black trails I had to walk in spots but even a lot of the blue trails have cool technical features.

Ask this guy how tough it is 🙂

2024-03-01 11.50.10.jpg

Probably on par with Mooch or Wildcat. I think. Maybe...
I agree on par with Wildcat. There is one more place near there that I (as well as the trek shop guys in Saratoga Springs) harder than Daniels is Moreau State Park, if you wanted more challenge.

Stef I believe we have a mutual friends Corrine and Joe (not on the forum) and they really like that place so I'm sure you can creep on to her Strava from 2-3 years ago when we were up there to get an idea.

Rode that park last year, we painted the entire network, every trail in 2 days!!! Such much good stuff up there, tons of rollers and features !!! I highly recommend you put this place on your short list, we did an air B&B, 10 min from the trail head and it was cheap too !!! You can drive up to the Lake George area for good eats and entertainment.

Agree that the park has two days worth at least. Saratoga has a ton of restaurants with easy availability off the race season.

I agree on par with Wildcat. There is one more place near there that I (as well as the trek shop guys in Saratoga Springs) harder than Daniels is Moreau State Park, if you wanted more challenge.

Daniel's and Moreau both look pretty cool, and they are right on the way to VT. Will plan to check them out when I head up there in July.

I’ve ridden Moreau a few times many years ago. It’s not that it’s super technical, it’s the climbs that are pretty tough. But once you get up there the views are amazing. I prefer Saratoga. Much better flow.

I’ve ridden Moreau a few times many years ago. It’s not that it’s super technical, it’s the climbs that are pretty tough. But once you get up there the views are amazing. I prefer Saratoga. Much better flow.
I felt like Moreau is basically hiking trails that allow mountain biking. Daniels is made for biking.
I made the mistake of starting at the campground of Moreau. Big mistake. The campground is nice though.

Does anyone have a loop that I could follow instead of stopping at every intersection?

Back
Top Bottom