Wawayanda State Park Conditions

um bottom of red dot, both ends of timber by the orange trail and a stack on sitting bear. mostly wrong way signs
yeah i saw them too yesterday. sitting bear, red dot, timber. i tried to pick them up at first but they're not foldable and i didn't have anything to carry them out with. there's also xterra caution tape on the trail entrance at the aux gate which screams "we can use this trail, but you cannot and here's some tape to prove it"

Sorry guys, my bad. If there is a stack on the ground, I forgot to pick them up. Thought I grabbed all the wrong way signs. There is also the possibility I dropped them.

Thought I grabbed all the tape at the back gate too. Was it in the parking lot going across the wet area straight up to easy peasy? I didn't set it, so I might have missed it.

@jeffstick should ask David for a Waway specific donation. I also put in TM time, but not significant like jungle.

I know I left stuff on the hard part of wing dam. I can make it up next week to clean up.

Sorry guys, my bad. If there is a stack on the ground, I forgot to pick them up. Thought I grabbed all the wrong way signs. There is also the possibility I dropped them.

Thought I grabbed all the tape at the back gate too. Was it in the parking lot going across the wet area straight up to easy peasy? I didn't set it, so I might have missed it.

@jeffstick should ask David for a Waway specific donation. I also put in TM time, but not significant like jungle.

I know I left stuff on the hard part of wing dam. I can make it up next week to clean up.
yep in the parking lot across the wet area right at the trail entrance

hey does anyone know where the park office is currently? i went there on saturday to see about season passes as it looks like they're going to start charging again this year but the park office was closed and looked like it was being completely renovated. is there a temporary setup somewhere i'm not seeing or are we just on our own?

hey does anyone know where the park office is currently? i went there on saturday to see about season passes as it looks like they're going to start charging again this year but the park office was closed and looked like it was being completely renovated. is there a temporary setup somewhere i'm not seeing or are we just on our own?
Capture.JPG

anyone know the status of cherry ridge Rd from Clinton to Ferber circle? was in bad shape a month ago, don't feel like breaking tie rods back there

Aren’t season passes good for all the state parks? If so you can go to Ringwood or another state park for a pass.

Aren’t season passes good for all the state parks? If so you can go to Ringwood or another state park for a pass.
Yes they're good for all of the parks but they're only starting to charge in July and I'm only 10 min away from waway. hopefully the office is done by then. I'd hate to imagine what things will be like until then without a park staff presence. It's a zoo with them there

Of course typing this makes me think it's really not worth it to pay full price for a pass that's good starting in July...

anyone know the status of cherry ridge Rd from Clinton to Ferber circle? was in bad shape a month ago, don't feel like breaking tie rods back there
The huge rut just as it turns uphill to the circle is the worst I have ever seen. I made it up in my CX-30 on Saturday slipping the whole time, but I was debating that I should park in the turnaround just before it turns uphill the next time I go. I have low profile tires that lean more toward the sport side so I would think outbacks or crosstreks with beefier tires might get by without any trouble, trucks should have no issue at all.

We drove to the Timber crossing in a Forester. One of the lakes on cherry ridge has filled again,
so not sure you could get to Laurel pond.

that tree between two bridges and Laurel pond is huge!

From the Highland Lakes end or the Ferber Circle end? If you got there from Ferber Circle in a Forester that is damn impressive.

I'm sure it was the highland lakes end. We rode out to the circle to check conditions (use top of two bridges for aid station)
and it was too rutted and grown in. I think the only tree was the one mentioned. Could come in on a quad/trailer set-up, but not get under the tree.

The huge rut just as it turns uphill to the circle is the worst I have ever seen. I made it up in my CX-30 on Saturday slipping the whole time, but I was debating that I should park in the turnaround just before it turns uphill the next time I go. I have low profile tires that lean more toward the sport side so I would think outbacks or crosstreks with beefier tires might get by without any trouble, trucks should have no issue at all.
Is it ok to park in that turnaround?...thought I saw trailcams there from the tree farm

Last edited:
Is it ok to park in that turnaround?...thought I saw trailcams there from the tree farm
I do not know, I have parked there in the past and had no issue. My thinking was even if the land around it is private, the road is not owned by the tree farm but I may be wrong and it could be a private road.

I used to park there years ago but at some point the tree farm put up "No parking" signs. Not sure of the legality of parking there but I haven't parked there since then. Doubt someone would have your car towed but you never know.

You can also park in the neighborhood nearby. Not a ton of parking there but you shouldn't have an issue... pic attached
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 11.00.47 AM.png

for me that road has always been a disaster. always massive potholes and the huge ruts from water runoff are really deep. i just go really slow and have avoided any mishaps but it's never been in good shape as far as i can remember. does it ever get maintenance? i doubt it considering the proper entrances to the park are *almost* as bad and rarely get fixed either. i'm still trying to figure out what they did with all of that gravel from a few weeks ago at the aux entrance as it certainly didn't make it to the road surface

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions