Whartons blue trail

NikkyE

Hey does anyone ride the blue trail? I rode it for the first time today and saw no signs of anyone riding it. It's a great trail aside from all the mushy pine needles.I think if more riders used it it would clean up a bit.I took it to try to get away from the 2-track on the green trail. Its still wet and it's getting beat up from traffic. The blue trail is great change from the boring 2-track too! Who ever marked and cut that section did a great job.

It is actually better

Hey does anyone ride the blue trail? I rode it for the first time today and saw no signs of anyone riding it. It's a great trail aside from all the mushy pine needles.I think if more riders used it it would clean up a bit.I took it to try to get away from the 2-track on the green trail. Its still wet and it's getting beat up from traffic. The blue trail is great change from the boring 2-track too! Who ever marked and cut that section did a great job.

Nikky,
The blue trail is getting some more traffic and a line is getting developed.
It was worst a few months back, a real sponge ride.
The green marked jeep road has been seeing some more vehicle traffic this year and is getting beat up. The blue was developed as a bypass, glad you liked it.

John
JORBA-WTU

I have ridden the blue trail a couple times since the 10/31 group ride and it seems to be getting faster. Any plans for the Saturday ride yet John? I wouldn't mind doing the orange trail on my new 29er(hint, hint) to see if I can keep up with that guy that likes to run behind a mower.

Ride distance depends on the group

I have ridden the blue trail a couple times since the 10/31 group ride and it seems to be getting faster. Any plans for the Saturday ride yet John? I wouldn't mind doing the orange trail on my new 29er(hint, hint) to see if I can keep up with that guy that likes to run behind a mower.

Rick,
If Kurt is there, he will probably want to do the orange loop. I was planning on leading a blue loop group.
See you on Saturday.
John

crazy eight

Rick,
If Kurt is there, he will probably want to do the orange loop. I was planning on leading a blue loop group.
See you on Saturday.
John
Will be riding the blue with you guys, then peeling off the wrong way onto the orange. I've started riding WSF as a figure 8 using the blue twice. (Or maybe using the blue once for a figure 9... if I'm hurting and appoaching a zombie like state. :drooling: )

I was thinking straight orange but would like to ride with the group on the blue trail. Maybe I'll chase you Kurt but my zombie like state starts in the parking lot so I won't make the decision until the turn.

I agree. I rode the blue trail (forget proper name) a few weekends ago and enjoyed it more than green or orange. You guys just need to import in some rock gardens. hee hee.

I'll have to investigate white and red when i'm around this holiday weekend...and ride blue again.

on saturday I rode counterclockwise: green, white, red, blue and back to orange/green. the spongy/suction feeling of the new white and red trails makes the rest feel extremely fast.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions