What are you cooking right now?

Our Lidl’s has regular small allocations of steelhead.
I fucking love this ish, and have taken to getting greedy and stocking the freezer.

We have a fantastic oven recipe that is our go-to, but tonight called for grilling.
Did not disappoint.
@MrsManic with the assist on the orzo salad- lemon tying it all together.
View attachment 240945

View attachment 240946

View attachment 240947
Is it farm or wild? I still swear by day old sockeye with eggs in the morning as the best start to the day.

Monday:
brined wild sockeye, Tesla Swiss chard and tomato salad.
IMG_9179.jpeg
First time brining wild caught fish and I’m sold- only adds 30-60 minutes to prep and totally worth it.

Tonight:
Marinated tuna steaks, Asian slaw and jasmine rice
IMG_9203.jpeg

Did I mention I'm doing hello fresh a couple times a week. Real food, easy instructions, just bring your knife skills, some oil/butter/sugar s&p

I'm learning some new combos, and add veggies and extra spice.

About $20 for dinner for 2 with a leftovers lunch.

Just to be clear, they send ingredients and instructions. It is not a prepared meal....

Coconut curry chicken tonight. Barramundi tomorrow.

We also meet up with another couple and coordinate the same meal! Fun, except we drink too much.

Totally worth it

Did I mention I'm doing hello fresh a couple times a week. Real food, easy instructions, just bring your knife skills, some oil/butter/sugar s&p

I'm learning some new combos, and add veggies and extra spice.

About $20 for dinner for 2 with a leftovers lunch.

Just to be clear, they send ingredients and instructions. It is not a prepared meal....

Coconut curry chicken tonight. Barramundi tomorrow.

We also meet up with another couple and coordinate the same meal! Fun, except we drink too much.

Totally worth it
Did a trial of Blue Apron a while ago, and yeah, liked it for sure.
My biggest gripe was book prep time vs IRL prep time, but as you note, wine may have contributed.

We did Blue Apron for 3-4 months a few years ago. Its great as they provide all the ingredients you need, like (1) carrot for instance, not the whole bunch, however we found the meals kind of followed the same pattern/type of cook and got redundant. An example would be every week we seemed to be sauteing kale, spinach, whatever to drop some protein on. The vegetarian meals seemed to generate the most amount of left overs. The taco's were always good too.

The pizzas were good, just not as common. We saved all the recipes, have gone to that book a few times, but rare.

Back
Top Bottom