What have you done to your bike today?

Who's tune? Or your own? I installed Shockcraft's Pick & Mix tune a few weeks ago and it's a worthwhile improvement.
Shock or fork ? Shock is stock but made it the most progressive as I could by closing off half the air spring and loading it up with spacers . Fork is completely custom , burnished bushings , smaller air spring seal and an avalanche damper . The open bath damper adds quit a bit of ramp up because that fork leg is almost completely filled with oil so I had to lower my ramp up chamber quit a bit compared to my base setting.

What difference did you notice? Do you have an older Mezzer as they seem to have changed tunes on them?

I still haven't gotten mine fully setup because I never carry the huge digital shock with me. But current setup has been pretty crazy good. I'd almost say there could be more low compression but need to play more with the air spring before that's definite.

My fork is about 18 months old. I had already pulled one compression shim and changed the quad seal and used lighter weight oil. Unlike @Ryan.P , my wheels are on the ground more than in the air. I really like a smooth sticky feeling tune and he manages to give you want you ask for. Feels soft and sticky, but still has total mid-stroke support and no dive. The Pick&Mix comes with 3 separate compression tunes and 3 rebound all based on your particular needs. Much cheaper than paying someone else to do the work for anyone comfortable working on their own fork. Probably not quite as nice as the Avalanche setup, but nowhere near the cost.

I do carry a Topeak digital shock pump. These forks are very sensitive to small pressure changes and I'm pretty particular about how it feels.

My fork is about 18 months old. I had already pulled one compression shim and changed the quad seal and used lighter weight oil. Unlike @Ryan.P , my wheels are on the ground more than in the air. I really like a smooth sticky feeling tune and he manages to give you want you ask for. Feels soft and sticky, but still has total mid-stroke support and no dive. The Pick&Mix comes with 3 separate compression tunes and 3 rebound all based on your particular needs. Much cheaper than paying someone else to do the work for anyone comfortable working on their own fork. Probably not quite as nice as the Avalanche setup, but nowhere near the cost.

I do carry a Topeak digital shock pump. These forks are very sensitive to small pressure changes and I'm pretty particular about how it feels.
Ugh, I may have to buy that pump.

Yeah it's kind of crazy how I'm running 39psi right now and 38 or 40 makes a difference. And yeah, I'm a stay-on-the-ground type of person except for natural drops on the trails.

Getting ready for Creek tomorrow.
✅ spokes tensioned
✅ Chain lubed
✅ Tires filled
✅ Stoke factor increased

IMG_8575.jpeg

Put Elphie back together. Cleaned the drivetrain and prepped it for a nice civilized tour to Canada next week with Major Taylor.

I waxed the Allez at the same time and…it took less time to remove, degrease, reinstall, and lube the chain than the Silca Wax Tub to heat up 😂 Granted I could be doing something else while waiting for the tub to heat up but still. I’d rather pull, clean, and lube my chain every 1,000 miles than wax every 150. Anywho.

IMG_5262.jpeg

GX transmission installed. First ride it came loose and was a bit of a disaster. Second ride held up well and seems to work incredibly well, though that derailleur is heavy as a brick. Shifting is smoothest I've experienced. It oddly shifts much better on the trail than in the stand. In the stand, I notice a bit of the slowness. On the trail, it just works. While I still have that cautious '90s shifting mentality, the ability to shift under load was really nice. The clutch is noticeably stronger than AXS.

Agree with SRAM that installation is easy, but very different. The b-screw is now effectively the entire derailleur.

All that said, mechanical GX is still good when everything is in order and the "upgrade" is really a luxury. Not sure why they can't have mechanical groups using this design.

Ordered one these for my Kenevo…$229 shipped

View attachment 241081
This website always pops out when I'm searching for a bargain. When I saw the price on the shock you purchased I checked if they had a 185x55 trunnion version of the newer version of same shock and they do at $400 less than the next cheapest price...is it a legitimate online shop? I always restrained myself from buying from them as their prices weren't much cheaper, but in this case...please let us know once you get the shock if it was a good buy.

Back
Top Bottom