Wildcat 2021 - Thursday Trail TuneUps

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
These will be group decided trail work efforts for fixing existing trails in the area.
To save time, the start-parking location will vary each week for the closest access point.
Some suggestions to start things off:
-New way down loose rocks
-Koehler mud section
-Bridge over the Koehler dip
-New way down, dismantle skinny bridge and use as runway over the mud and roots.

I picked Thursday partly because you may see things during the Wednesday ride. If another day is prefereed, please suggest it.
Starting 5/27/21

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
im in whenever I can

There's another spot id love to rock armor.....The white trail down from the hawkwatch toward the giant rock garden....little before the rock garden there is a mudhole that I think would be a good rock armoring candidate.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's another spot id love to rock armor.....The white trail down from the hawkwatch toward the giant rock garden

+1, hopefully we can find some rocks nearby.

We'll also need to start trimming in a few weeks.

xc62701

im in whenever I can

There's another spot id love to rock armor.....The white trail down from the hawkwatch toward the giant rock garden....little before the rock garden there is a mudhole that I think would be a good rock armoring candidate.
Yes, completely!

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
Let's see who is available by Wednesday Thursday and what trail you all want to work on.

Last edited:

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
given the weather outlook for the weekend, cancelling for today 5/27/21.
go ride your bike, or volunteer at the Tourne.

We can trim the trails between rain drops over the weekend.

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
@nj29er has expressed interest in trimming even if raining, so we are meeting at the bat cave parking 4:30pm
if anyone else is interested Ill have tools

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The overgrowth has been cleared on the dark blue trail from the top of Righter Mine down to Splitrock Rd.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions