Wired Whole Home Music

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Anybody doing music distribution through their house the old fashion way, with wired speakers and a central amp/controller??

Interested in controller/amp/speaker selection -

as an aside, if you are an iphone/music person, here is a great little device that can add a wireless access point and airplay capability for $60! it sounds great - if you have a receiver without airplay or apple tv, go get one.

lol. Stumbled on this.
You helped me wire my system, so you know my choice (4 zones controlled by a Tivoli selector with independent volume controls).

That said, I am all about the Denon HEOS environment right now.
WiFi access to the wired system, and easy to expand to wireless smart speakers.

lol. Stumbled on this.
You helped me wire my system, so you know my choice (4 zones controlled by a Tivoli selector with independent volume controls).

That said, I am all about the Denon HEOS environment right now.
WiFi access to the wired system, and easy to expand to wireless smart speakers.
Wow, that's sounds grand. I've been throwing out so much cable and wire the past few years.

My son recently rigged up my turntable, cassette deck and CD player with a wireless connection to the soundbar/subwoofer on our 65” TV. Simple flip of a switch to alternate between TV (in living room) and stereo (in side room). No wires, no ugly speakers. 👍

Wow, that's sounds grand. I've been throwing out so much cable and wire the past few years.
when I set up the system, I didn’t want to go wireless- limited power supply where I wanted speakers, not great WiFi, etc and Sonos was really the only game in town, and you needed a bridge to incorporate legacy/wired components like a turntable-

Since then the Denon Home/HEOS system has matured a bit, and I love the hybrid system- wired, driven by a networked receiver- it’s like a Roku box with all the major services built in (they just added Tidal) so you don’t have to stream from your phone, but you have full control from the phone via remote apps.
And their HEOS speakers are great to expand where wiring isn’t easy and also function as stand alone smart speakers.
Integrates with Google Assistant, Alexa and Siri if you use those.

when I set up the system, I didn’t want to go wireless- limited power supply where I wanted speakers, not great WiFi, etc and Sonos was really the only game in town, and you needed a bridge to incorporate legacy/wired components like a turntable-

Since then the Denon Home/HEOS system has matured a bit, and I love the hybrid system- wired, driven by a networked receiver- it’s like a Roku box with all the major services built in (they just added Tidal) so you don’t have to stream from your phone, but you have full control from the phone via remote apps.
And their HEOS speakers are great to expand where wiring isn’t easy and also function as stand alone smart speakers.
Integrates with Google Assistant, Alexa and Siri if you use those.
Just googled Denon HEOS to read about it and the first thing to pop up is how HEOS is being/been discontinued.

Just googled Denon HEOS to read about it and the first thing to pop up is how HEOS is being/been discontinued.
Maybe rebranded as HOME?
It’s still supported and available as far as I can see.
There is discussion about this in forums, but not seeing an announcement.

Back
Top Bottom