Your go to joint for great wings

Ronnie B

Mine is the Tap n Growler, a great local tavern in Sayreville. They got about three dozen flavors, wet & dry rub:

Got good taps too.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Local to us we do Papa Al’s Chicken on rt46 in rockaway. Traveling further we love Marleys Gotham Grill in Hackettstown. Just wish it was closer to us. For just heat at home we get the wings at wegmans. The craft beer wings and the garlic parm are both very good.

ebarker9

Sussex Meat Packing in Wharton BBQ marinated wings, raw. Throw them on the grill, low and slow, everybody goes nuts for them. Just the right amount of heat, tons of flavor and they're good and meaty too !!!

Interesting. I get lunch from there pretty frequently but I've never tried their wings. Have to give that a go.

walter

Fourth Party
Mine is the Tap n Growler, a great local tavern in Sayreville. They got about three dozen flavors, wet & dry rub:

Got good taps too.
Fun history fact, that building is one of the oldest in Sayreville and was built and owned by my wifes family. It was originally called Normans, who were my wifes grandparents. Two guys bought it from my wifes mother about 10 years ago, and I believe the current folks took it over from them. The large black and white photos in the back of the Sayreville politicians include some pics of my wifes grandfather. The family is happy they kept them up.
Great food and really great wings, and the woman that runs it is awesome.

Ronnie B

Fun history fact, that building is one of the oldest in Sayreville and was built and owned by my wifes family. It was originally called Normans, who were my wifes grandparents. Two guys bought it from my wifes mother about 10 years ago, and I believe the current folks took it over from them. The large black and white photos in the back of the Sayreville politicians include some pics of my wifes grandfather. The family is happy they kept them up.
Great food and really great wings, and the woman that runs it is awesome.
I was in there when it was Norman's and your mother in law ran it. And Alicia rocks, they do a great job.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Sussex Meat Packing in Wharton BBQ marinated wings, raw. Throw them on the grill, low and slow, everybody goes nuts for them. Just the right amount of heat, tons of flavor and they're good and meaty too !!!
That's just up the road from me. My wife goes there occasionally. I'll have to ask her to pick some up.

walter

Fourth Party
Ive been honing my skills on the Weber Kettle with a Vortex ring. My butcher guy had wings on sale for $2.99 a pound last week and since Mrs Walter was in NYC and college kid was working, I treated myself. 3 pounds with the Walkerswood Jamaican paste. Just about an hour at a little over 400° and they were delicious.

Edit- boooo pic wont load, I'll try again later.20230521_150727.jpg

Last edited:

Cole

Ive been honing my skills on the Weber Kettle with a Vortex ring. My butcher guy had wings on sale for $2.99 a pound last week and since Mrs Walter was in NYC and college kid was working, I treated myself. 3 pounds with the Walkerswood Jamaican paste. Just about an hour at a little over 400° and they were delicious.

Edit- boooo pic wont load, I'll try again later.
I had the ring but bought the small one, so I didn't have great luck. I have done well just keeping the charcoal in the middle and making a ring around them.

OddTrickStar

The Jughandle Inn in Pennsauken has the best wings and many good sauces. Their burgers, cheesesteaks and other sandwiches are worth stopping in for too.

Top Bottom