What have you done to your bike today?

My hands have been giving me a problem. Going to try these grips out today.
You are entering the rabbit hole.
Play with bar heights/sweeps, saddle fore & aft and saddle height. Then go down deeper to ergon or sq lab grips. Then you can drop 4bills on a suspension bar lol. Judging by your username you have been a tradesman and with that comes daily physical abuse like myself. What I've have found personal scientific results that work is strong core and low carb intake. YRMD! Good luck...

My hands have been giving me a problem. Going to try these grips out today.

Thin grips (ODI Ruffian) gave me trigger finger pretty bad last Summer. Took a while for me to resolve it. Now I won't use anything <32mm with a preference of 34mm. Could be due to bike fit as well with too much pressure falling on your hands.

You are entering the rabbit hole.
Play with bar heights/sweeps, saddle fore & aft and saddle height. Then go down deeper to ergon or sq lab grips. Then you can drop 4bills on a suspension bar lol. Judging by your username you have been a tradesman and with that comes daily physical abuse like myself. What I've have found personal scientific results that work is strong core and low carb intake. YRMD! Good luck...
Thanks I have had a bike fit and the saddle height and bars feel good, Used the ergon grips they hurt my palms. Went for the large size maybe go with the small my had length falls in between. Also I did 11 yrs. of karate hitting the heavy bag, breaking boards, red bricks and patio blocks all caught up to me at 66.

Could be due to bike fit as well with too much pressure falling on your hands.
That was me until about 10yrs ago on my XC bikes. 100mm stem, narrow saddle, and saddle tilt down. I was too stretched out and "sliding" down the saddle putting too much pressure on my hands. Shorter stem, proper saddle width and getting the saddle level to slightly nose up has solved all of it. Losing a bunch of weight helped too.

That being said, I do use ESI Chunky's on the rigid SS and geared HT. They get replaced at least 2x a year from clipping trees. Next up for the SS are ODI Dreadlocks.

Last edited:
This is the last of the purple, I promise...
20240302_140750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom