What have you done to your bike today?

Another stick removal

Dsc01490.jpg

Refresh(ing)

PXL_20240330_224033250.jpg

PXL_20240401_021226745.jpg

Still have to put the bottle cages back on, but took her down to the bare frame, cleaned, scrubbed, waxed, and reassembled with new housings/cables. They've not been cut at all since I've owned it, so it was time to shorten everything. Got a chance to work through my spare parts and use the "just-in-case" stuff; I had to take out a bit of space in the downtube stops to properly clear the liner so I could attach the grub seals...but I milled right through the part that was holding the "wing" together, so I had to switch that side for a regular stop. Oh well, I'll get another and figure something out.

I had to roll the tape back a bit, since the last (last, last) time I pulled it off, the bias started unraveling at the taper. Maybe I'll try pinking shears next time, but...probably not. Probably just won't cut a taper...the Newbaum's is pretty flexible, and the end is gonna be covered anyway.

Gotta see if I can find someone who will paint the frame pump tubing to to match the yellow. Not even gonna try to match metallic flake. As soon as the weather gets a bit better, I'll throw the roadie pedals back on.

Back
Top Bottom