The Big C ride Sat Jan 21st

Frank

Sasquatch
Well I just got off the phone with an old friend who really enjoyed the entire vibe. We need to do this again so I need to bring my thoughts together and start the planning stage. I figured we can start it earlier because we can meet in the camping area, parking will not be an issue. As suggested by @Bike N Gear we should do this on a Sunday. I would like for us to be able to gather afterwards around a fire for a bit of community so we can share stories. I will start to call these rides “no one is alone”. What other suggestions? I really kind of liked the all one group aspect as it brings about community. As expected no one needs to bring their heart rate monitors, especially if @ModdedMarlin attends 😜. Should we wait until it warms up a bit? Well, let’s discuss!!!

Cole

Well I just got off the phone with an old friend who really enjoyed the entire vibe. We need to do this again so I need to bring my thoughts together and start the planning stage. I figured we can start it earlier because we can meet in the camping area, parking will not be an issue. As suggested by @Bike N Gear we should do this on a Sunday. I would like for us to be able to gather afterwards around a fire for a bit of community so we can share stories. I will start to call these rides “no one is alone”. What other suggestions? I really kind of liked the all one group aspect as it brings about community. As expected no one needs to bring their heart rate monitors, especially if @ModdedMarlin attends 😜. Should we wait until it warms up a bit? Well, let’s discuss!!!
The weather was fine, but who knows what February will bring. I wouldn't mind an earlier start.
I always vote for post ride adult beverages, but I know that's frowned upon state parks... 🙂

Frank

Sasquatch
@Frank any ideas when you will host another?
So weird, I was just talking about this today. Considering Allaire has graciously offered to allow us to use the camping area as a parking/gathering/ and post ride fire point, I would rather do it when they won’t be generating revenue from the area. That said I’m feeling a fall ride would work best. But rest assured, this is still on my radar.

Cole

So weird, I was just talking about this today. Considering Allaire has graciously offered to allow us to use the camping area as a parking/gathering/ and post ride fire point, I would rather do it when they won’t be generating revenue from the area. That said I’m feeling a fall ride would work best. But rest assured, this is still on my radar.
It's fall @Frank 👍

Frank

Sasquatch
Yes it is!! I suppose I should start to put something together. I won’t lie, this wasn’t exactly on my radar as the last few months were rough on me….I got weak. I’m currently in the process of building up yet again, seems to be a common thing with me.😞
Enough of that, I’ll work on it.

Cole

Yes it is!! I suppose I should start to put something together. I won’t lie, this wasn’t exactly on my radar as the last few months were rough on me….I got weak. I’m currently in the process of building up yet again, seems to be a common thing with me.😞
Enough of that, I’ll work on it
Sorry to hear that? Would an ebike help?

Cole

@Frank I know you aren't up for riding yet. But let me know if I can help organize this thing, cuz ya know... F Cancer

Frank

Sasquatch
So I spoke with the park rep today and all signs are pointing to the good. I now need to choose a date……it will be a Sunday in November and I am trying to decide between two. Sadly, I need to work this around chemo weeks for me….sorry, but I wanna feel somewhat decent for this ride.

So now I will poll you between Sun. Nov. 12th or Sun.the 26th. Not sure if the Thanksgiving weekend is a great choice, but it is what it is.

So please reply with your choice. Thanks

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
So I spoke with the park rep today and all signs are pointing to the good. I now need to choose a date……it will be a Sunday in November and I am trying to decide between two. Sadly, I need to work this around chemo weeks for me….sorry, but I wanna feel somewhat decent for this ride.

So now I will poll you between Sun. Nov. 12th or Sun.the 26th. Not sure if the Thanksgiving weekend is a great choice, but it is what it is.

So please reply with your choice. Thanks
In for either.

iman29

would love to make it this time to meet and show support but the 12th Im already committed to the annual Turkey fry ride event with Marty's.

26th is a possibility.

Top Bottom