Jshort’s bike thread

Well if that happens to his saddle, that just serves as a reminder that even the brand name parts can fail.
I cracked a Selle Italia junt on my mtb

CX saddle, maybe I’d skip a carbon rail one from anyone reall, but otherwise, I’d roll it

I cracked a Selle Italia junt on my mtb

CX saddle, maybe I’d skip a carbon rail one from anyone reall, but otherwise, I’d roll it
I cracked a freaking S-Works Power saddle. Power saddles are their MTB saddles so you would think it would be able to withstand a little force. I think my foot slipped off a pedal at Stephens and I landed hard on the saddle and cracked a rail. That POS was like a $400 seat! I bought it from @Bikeworks for way less than that so no biggie. But I'll steer away from carbon railed seats on the MTB from here out,

Last edited:
Update. I got a USPS tracking number.

They must have some supersonic mail trucks in LA. Must be EVs.

IMG_0253.jpeg

USPS is amazing

The 3d printed saddles i bought were $34.42 for the plastic, an $47.33 for the carbon. 10,000 sold, 1935 reviews, 4.8 stars. my butt is very happy, as well as my wallet

USPS is amazing

The 3d printed saddles i bought were $34.42 for the plastic, an $47.33 for the carbon. 10,000 sold, 1935 reviews, 4.8 stars. my butt is very happy, as well as my wallet

I would get one for the road bike. But I already have a 3D printed saddle on that bike.

I cracked a freaking S-Works Power saddle. Power saddles are their MTB saddles so you would think it would be able to withstand a little force. I think my foot slipped off a pedal at Stephens and I landed hard on the saddle and cracked a rail. That POS was like a $400 seat! I bought it from @Bikeworks for way less than that so no biggie. But I'll steer away from carbon railed seats on the MTB from here out,
Sorry to hear that happened bud. I have a spare Power in 143 that I'm not using if you want. My only carbon rail saddle is on my road bike, that one you bought from me included IIRC. All my MTB saddles have Ti rails. Unfortunately, two of the Mimic saddles I had had the shells start the sag. Fortunately, Big S replaced both with the newest version of the Power Expert w/Mirror!!

see if you can do a redirect to your actual address. something is up, maybe the bar code?
no idea. My address is on the package is correct. I think the USPS is just doing USPS things?

Sorry to hear that happened bud. I have a spare Power in 143 that I'm not using if you want. My only carbon rail saddle is on my road bike, that one you bought from me included IIRC. All my MTB saddles have Ti rails. Unfortunately, two of the Mimic saddles I had had the shells start the sag. Fortunately, Big S replaced both with the newest version of the Power Expert w/Mirror!!
Thanks for the offer. this happened on the first ride :). I've since replaced it with a Ti Railed Power saddle.

i broke a ti rail on my stache, fortunatly it was test riding it at the bike shop after some other repairs, so downtime was nonexistant.

For wet or muddy conditions, these bottles are perfect.

Plus the little red piece pops right out so you can clean and completely dry them. Most of my old bottles had the spouts that you can’t remove and even though I try to clean as much as possible, they still get moldy after a few months. If you have a specialized purist water bottle, it has mold in it. Those things are impossible to completely dry out.

IMG_0256.jpeg

Can we get a link tho

These are bigger though. I don’t see this size with the muck cover thing.

I had to go way back to find this. I slacked on the last 2 races.

Radsport Recap

1st!
My breakfast was 4 pancakes with raspberries and blueberries and syrup. Krusteaz for life. 2 cups of coffee.

I had a caffeinated Maurten gel 10 minutes before.
2 bottles with 90g and a nuun tablet in each. I had one to start and the grabbed one on the beginning of the 3rd lap.

During warmups my hr stayed pretty low so I wasn’t sure how I was actually feeling. But I was putting out good power and felt pretty strong.

My goal was to stay in the lead pack and keep a podium position as long as I could hold on. After 2 races where I let the leaders get away immediately, I was very motivated to stay at the front or pop trying.

I went into the single track 3rd. Some dude took the inside on me but I passed him right back. The guy I was following got a flat a mile into the race. After I got around him, I was right on the leader’s rear wheel. I felt strong and had no problem keeping up. We already had a gap on the rest of the field and I started thinking this guy didn’t want to keep the current pace. As soon as we entered into a field with enough room, I passed him. This was 10 minutes into the race. Not long after that I passed @JDurk, and then the 19-39 group. I tried to ride like I was getting caught even though I was pretty sure I wasn’t. The course looped back on itself so I saw the guys in my category chasing me, but I couldn’t tell if they were gaining or losing time. I kept passing and trying to put more traffic between me and them.

Being in first place I had the luxury of a clear course for the most part. I took conservative lines and focused on keeping the power to the pedals, being smooth, and keeping momentum. The course was slick in spots and a little chunky, but nothing was too challenging. There were also plenty of flow sections that was all hero dirt.

I won by 2:30

I haven’t won an XC race since 2021 and there were like 4 people in that race if I remember correctly. Before that I don’t even remember. I’ve realized that these don’t come around too often, so I made sure to appreciate it.

IMG_0407.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg
IMG_0414.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom