What have you done to your car today?

Nice! I actually just bought the first cousin of this - 1500 Sierra Denali with the LZO engine. Between a decent trade in price on my 2500 Ram even with some items that needed to be dealt with and the lower GM interest rates I decided to go for it. So far I'm loving the interior, the ride and the power of the little Duramax. Not crazy about the overall look as the Denali has a lot of chrome that is on the shiny side with a silver truck. Once I save up I'll slowly replace some pieces with black items to tone it down. I also have to source an aluminum car trailer to replace my 14,000 lb equipment trailer.

PS - I was very impressed with the packages GM has available. There was an AEV 2500 Duramax at the dealer that wasn't cheap but pulled at my heartstrings!

Nice! I actually just bought the first cousin of this - 1500 Sierra Denali with the LZO engine. Between a decent trade in price on my 2500 Ram even with some items that needed to be dealt with and the lower GM interest rates I decided to go for it. So far I'm loving the interior, the ride and the power of the little Duramax. Not crazy about the overall look as the Denali has a lot of chrome that is on the shiny side with a silver truck. Once I save up I'll slowly replace some pieces with black items to tone it down. I also have to source an aluminum car trailer to replace my 14,000 lb equipment trailer.

PS - I was very impressed with the packages GM has available. There was an AEV 2500 Duramax at the dealer that wasn't cheap but pulled at my heartstrings!

Should have a huge range on a tank of fuel!
Congrats

@Patrick

Debadge that shit and we will be powdercoating the exhaust tips, too, when the wheels go in! Those are 20s not 22s, right?

@Patrick

Debadge that shit and we will be powdercoating the exhaust tips, too, when the wheels go in! Those are 20s not 22s, right?

Yes, 20s.....

The damn tips are welded in place! You'd think someone would do a high temp carbon fiber cover.....

Debadge or go dark?
This may be a job for the Carbonite Crew....
Should I have them change the word to 'Denial' ??

1707493529143.png

@Patrick if you feel like spending some time on the internet. Full on government blah blah blah.

Poster below doesn't apply to your new ride, but the subject matter does.
View attachment 232402
View attachment 232403

I was looking at some related stuff for reflector tape for the trailer.
Since it is black, and low, i was going to do the red/white thing in a few key places.

Thanks - always fun to check this stuff out.

I put mouse traps under my hood :(

Noticed what looks like some chewing on the hood insulation and some suspicious leaves and other bedding material in the same area. Maybe need some other deterrents as well?

Used cat litter under car.

Are you parked near outside clutter/bushes/landscaping? I would park away from messy areas. I parked by chopped logs once and they were living in there.

Used cat litter under car.

Are you parked near outside clutter/bushes/landscaping? I would park away from messy areas. I parked by chopped logs once and they were living in there.

Oh man, just have to seek out a used cat litter donation.

Not really. Car is mostly in my driveway and there's not a lot of clutter/brush in front of the house. We have a pest control company that does bait traps in our garage as well and there hasn't been any significant activity with those, maybe because all of the mice have moved into my car...

I left traps in the engine bay overnight and didn't get anything. Just looking forward to forgetting about them and having them go off on my next drive.

My kid spilled sunflower seeds in the garage and didn’t bother telling me, much less cleaning it up. I had mice eating the wires near the fuel pump. What a PITA. Had to get my car towed to my mechanic.

After cleaning up the seeds, got a bunch of glue traps and put them under the car. I was catching 2-3 a night for a week. Yuck.

• Wow
Reactions: don
Should have a huge range on a tank of fuel!
Congrats
Just got back from a weekend trip to Stratton. According to the vehicle computer I averaged 27 mpg on the way home today. Even if it's off a few MPG's I'm pretty happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom