23-24 Ski and Snowboard thread

Normally very quiet this time of year, but big snow forecasted this week and eclipse on Monday. Two weeks ago, local chatter and concern about gasoline shortage this weekend due to eclipse traffic. Not sure if it is hype or a real concern.

The weekend of March 22nd, Ludlow was very crowded for late march. There were no lift lines during the Saturday snowstorm, but Sunday saw longer lines on the two main chairs. I can't see crowds being greater than typical January / February weekend, but okemo's J1s are all done for the season, so they may have a staffing issue that results in lines and lodges feeling more crowded. If you haven't been to the area recently, the local Shaws still isn't open and restaurant tables are at a premium due to a several restaurants not reopening after flooding last summer.
I was there last sunday and monday, we had a decent lift line at that bubble lift by the clock tower. Once we got away from that area, the lines were 2 minutes long. It was wierd, some trails were packed and others had no one on them. The conditions were awesome! So great, but very bumped up.

I don't think the eclipse will affect any lift lines, just my 2 cents. It could definitely affect everything else.

Anyone chasing snow this week? I think I may take friday and hit Gore or Killington now that sugarbush is 70% closed.
I’m planning Bromley on Friday and Pico on Saturday. If anyone is planning the same, HMU.

Note: Both are closing at days end Sunday. Heading back Saturday evening to avoid as much of the eclipse madness as possible.

Normally very quiet this time of year, but big snow forecasted this week and eclipse on Monday. Two weeks ago, local chatter and concern about gasoline shortage this weekend due to eclipse traffic. Not sure if it is hype or a real concern.

The weekend of March 22nd, Ludlow was very crowded for late march. There were no lift lines during the Saturday snowstorm, but Sunday saw longer lines on the two main chairs. I can't see crowds being greater than typical January / February weekend, but okemo's J1s are all done for the season, so they may have a staffing issue that results in lines and lodges feeling more crowded. If you haven't been to the area recently, the local Shaws still isn't open and restaurant tables are at a premium due to a several restaurants not reopening after flooding last summer.
I forgot about the eclipse...

I am surprised Shaw's isnt open yet! We were there last fall and it wasn't open, but I had thought maybe it would be by now. Bummer for them.

If needed or interested, we have several 50% discount passes available to okemo. Will probably be around ludlow Thursday night through Sunday afternoon. PM if interested.

Last I heard was June/July reopening for Shaws. Flooding permits and associate improvements have just been approved.

🏂 Off to Killington. Gonna get me some of that 18” of snow they are predicting. :cool:
This past weekend was the last for the Skyship and South Ridge. Not sure they’ll have the staffing to run them if they wanted to with this round of snow.

I have two vouchers for Magic that I purchased Black Friday and never got a chance to use. I paid $75 a piece for them, I’ll take $100 for the both of them if anyone is interested. I’ll send you the voucher codes and you can create a profile on their website. You can Venmo my wife’s account. PM me or text 201-705-9301

For those coming up. Be aware about the high possibility of wind holds on Thursday. Other than that, get some.

Reactions: don
Having lunch. Morning conditions were terrible. Crusty, hard and frozen snow. High winds and ice pellets drilling you in the face. The mountain is empty so we have that going.

It’s been snowing since 12:30 and doesn’t look like it will stop until late Thursday. Expect at least a foot by 9am tomorrow.

Oh, and there was a @UtahJoe sighting. 😆

Having lunch. Morning conditions were terrible. Crusty, hard and frozen snow. High winds and ice pellets drilling you in the face. The mountain is empty so we have that going.

It’s been snowing since 12:30 and doesn’t look like it will stop until late Thursday. Expect at least a foot by 9am tomorrow.

Yes... This.... Morning conditions were quite awful. We headed out around 1.

We came up and skied monday/Tuesday which were great... Really fun spring conditions... Warm, soft snow, it was great. Today was like frozen armor plating.

Good seeing you @a.s.

Most likely that's a wrap on my year... But we'll see... Got in about 25 days this year so no complaints.
20240401_125948.jpg

I’m planning on Bromley Friday and Pico Saturday if the snow is any good. Is it heavy wet cement ? or decent? Friday is supposed to be wind-free and in the 30’s.

Back
Top Bottom