2023 and 2024 USAC XC MTB Nationals at Bear Creek

Still no schedule. At least that I can find.

But I will be planning vacation days around this.

Is anyone thinking of racing that week? I am contemplating racing. But as a family we will definitely be out there as spectators.

Is anyone thinking of racing that week? I am contemplating racing. But as a family we will definitely be out there as spectators.
Thinking about racing if I can get my crap together but definitely spectating

Reactions: Ron
Definitely racing XCO, and probably going to do short track as well. Also spectating a bunch. It’s pretty convenient to have these races an hour away.

Reactions: Ron
Who is going to be the first to sneak in a low power e bike? That new trek system looks like an easy frame mod.

Screenshot_20230316-063808.png

I Hope the June MASS race uses the same course as the Nationals race.

In a perfect world they use the OG course they used in 2013-2014 but I think that was too technical for the Nationals crowd.

I remember pre riding that course with @UtahJoe and there were people all over the course trying to figure out the lines and just practice on the rocks. I distinctly remember someone saying we must have pre ridden a few times because we were just able to ride the trail that they were sessioning. It was probably the first time I had ever been there.

A lot of racers from other parts of the country are not used to rocks that we have on our local trails Even the snowshoe course in WV was very sanitized. They had 2 man made rock gardens and that was it. And the one cool rock garden was only in the elite race. Everything else was relatively smooth singletrack.
The last 3 years were at winter park CO, and from what I read that course was basically a smooth dirt double track that went up and back down the mountain. There was zero benefit to having any technical skills. It was a race for aerobics at altitude.

I’m guessing the Bear Creek course will tame for us, but on the technical side for most of the riders. I bet they need to keep it that way or people will get scared off.

giphy.gif

In a perfect world they use the OG course they used in 2013-2014 but I think that was too technical for the Nationals crowd.

I remember pre riding that course with @UtahJoe and there were people all over the course trying to figure out the lines and just practice on the rocks. I distinctly remember someone saying we must have pre ridden a few times because we were just able to ride the trail that they were sessioning. It was probably the first time I had ever been there.

A lot of racers from other parts of the country are not used to rocks that we have on our local trails Even the snowshoe course in WV was very sanitized. They had 2 man made rock gardens and that was it. And the one cool rock garden was only in the elite race. Everything else was relatively smooth singletrack.
The last 3 years were at winter park CO, and from what I read that course was basically a smooth dirt double track that went up and back down the mountain. There was zero benefit to having any technical skills. It was a race for aerobics at altitude.

I’m guessing the Bear Creek course will tame for us, but on the technical side for most of the riders. I bet they need to keep it that way or people will get scared off.
It was a great course, I think the 2013 version was the best XC course I have ever ridden. But ya, people we dropping like flies and if you remember...RIGHT before the race at ~1pm...there was a thunderstorm, so it was extra slick.

my man @Pearl with the textbook bottle bottle hand off :)
10488003_10204294463549873_5893704768910855420_n.jpg

From what I recall of the Zoom meeting, the Heckle Pit is in the pro race on a course that will be different from everyone else. Shorter laps and spectator friendly.

There was also mention of needing to get creative with the course for all days because the building circled at the top of the picture will be demolished and under construction. The area circled at the bottom is where there is a wedding scheduled on Saturday during the Pro races and U23.

1678978059854.png

From what I recall of the Zoom meeting, the Heckle Pit is in the pro race on a course that will be different from everyone else. Shorter laps and spectator friendly.

There was also mention of needing to get creative with the course for all days because the building circled at the top of the picture will be demolished and under construction. The area circled at the bottom is where there is a wedding scheduled on Saturday during the Pro races and U23.

View attachment 209469

Yes. The Elite race loop was also different at Snowshoe. Shorter, more spectator friendly loops.

interesting to hear about a wedding the day of. Weddings and Bike races dont really go hand in hand. I wonder how they keep them separated.

Back
Top Bottom