6 Mile Run Conditions

CarltonH

I noticed this yesterday as well.. Looks like every branch is hanging like a foot lower. My assumption is that the trees are now holding water and this is weighing the branches down. I've never seen this phenomenon before honestly.
Makes sense. And I fully admit to being stupid—I had been ducking branches all day and knew full well there’s always a low hanger over that first kicker headed toward Middlebush. But I was feeling a bit too good on the bike and now I get a brand new helmet after only 35 days.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Risk of head puncture has been mitigated. Plus a much better sight line… that is until everything grows in about a month from now.

CF62537B-0757-4FD5-B6B5-CCF2717C3001.jpeg
9DE75AE6-FDA2-48E0-B4B8-C05C4D4131A2.jpeg
C763841B-E243-4DD6-A3DE-6CBD320BDC7D.jpeg

Last edited:

sabba25

Sad to see so many new ruts (mostly on blue)...only took one or two rain events...looked better end of march/start of april. We are lucky to have such nice weather right now.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Sad to see so many new ruts (mostly on blue)...only took one or two rain events...looked better end of march/start of april. We are lucky to have such nice weather right now.
It is disappointing to see people out, riding after such a heavy rain event. What no one here knows, is there is a new superintendent of the park. Now more than ever it’s important for us all to be on our best behavior. Gutting the trail after the heavy rain certainly gives ammunition to those would rather that we weren’t out there at all and trust me.. There are plenty.

SAM

Rain ended Sunday morning. New ruts must be from Sunday or, maybe, yesterday. Likely Sunday because all trails were dry and firm today. Need to wait at least 24 h to ride after the heavy rain on Saturday. I went today but was prepared to turn around if conditions were wet/muddy.

sabba25

Rain ended Sunday morning. New ruts must be from Sunday or, maybe, yesterday. Likely Sunday because all trails were dry and firm today. Need to wait at least 24 h to ride after the heavy rain on Saturday. I went today but was prepared to turn around if conditions were wet/muddy.
I concur with Sunday... it's been sunny and breezy would have been fine 48hrs later. Six drains out way better now with all the improvements made over the years.

Frank

Sasquatch
It is disappointing to see people out, riding after such a heavy rain event. What no one here knows, is there is a new superintendent of the park. Now more than ever it’s important for us all to be on our best behavior. Gutting the trail after the heavy rain certainly gives ammunition to those would rather that we weren’t out there at all and trust me.. There are plenty.
J is not talking out of his ass here! There is plenty opposition to mtb usage in our park systems. We (collectively) really must change our ways as I can tell you we are our own worst enemies. Trash aside, our community seems to be entitled to do what we want on state property…jumps, rogue trails, and leaving behind tracks only makes it more difficult for trail advocates like Jdog. Please consider the repercussions of your actions.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I see 2 posts saying conditions are awesome and the rest about ruts, all posted today. Is it good or bad? Planning to ride before work tomorrow.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions