6 Mile Run Conditions

Great conditions today. With the new closure, be careful of bikes in both directions....almost had a head on collision on White today.
Just coming to report. Dusty for most part. Few damp spots by big bridge on Blue. Thanks for the trimming too.

Great conditions today. With the new closure, be careful of bikes in both directions....almost had a head on collision on White today.

Just coming to report. Dusty for most part. Few damp spots by big bridge on Blue. Thanks for the trimming too.
IMG_6896.jpeg

Gave some of blue a haircut today as it’s far easier to cut it early vs late.

I normally ride red/white in clockwise direction but lately have noticed that I run into riders frequently coming from the opposite direction. Is everyone preference counter clockwise for the trail. I think it also might now include folks who start from rt.27 completing the loop by taking red all the way to Jacques and taking white back to 27.

If preference is counter clockwise I will start doing that, since some of the time I have someone with me who is not as familiar with 6MR.

Edit: I need to ride blue one of this day.

I ride white in both directions, I think it is a lot more fun than the red trail. I'll ride the red trail if I'm short of time or spent. White segments on strava show approx twice as many people (who use strava) riding white towards Jaques than away from Jaques.

Yes, I do enjoy riding white also and I mostly ride red to get a loop in. Next time I ride I will do white/red/red/white and get 5 mile loop in which will take me an hr or so to complete. I am slow as molasses :D

Hero dirt tonight, tacky and no dust. Trail updates are flowing nicely, ride it before the poison ivy takes over...

So with this mornings rains, would trails be OK this evening if we don't get anymore rain today? New job is in Princeton (live in Flanders below rt 80) and hope to ride 6mile after work a day or two per week. Only rode 6Mile once years ago. Any regulars that can show me the trails?

While not able to ride tonight, there is the Thursday night group ride from the Jacques Lane lot 6:30pm on Thursdays.

So with this mornings rains, would trails be OK this evening if we don't get anymore rain today? New job is in Princeton (live in Flanders below rt 80) and hope to ride 6mile after work a day or two per week. Only rode 6Mile once years ago. Any regulars that can show me the trails?
Anything in the sun is dry. A few damp spots in the woods. A slightly muddy bike, muddy ankles and maybe a muddy eyeball is predicted

Blue from canal road was great. Maybe 10-12 1ft little puddles, but very good condition. With this being my first time here in many years, it was fun. Oh, and no ticks or poison ivy that I know of so far! But can't imagine how many collisions may happen on a busy weekend. Tight twisty and swoopy. Now that I'm traveling down to Princeton for work, if any trail work is on Tues-Wed-Thurs evenings I can lend a hand.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions