Any Jam Band fans

Went see James McMurtry last night in Freehold, at a house concert series. He’s a much better guitar player than I realized. I knew he wrote great songs.

Attachments

• 8CDEA46E-F78E-4277-AA3D-C9FFB3864505.jpeg
    8CDEA46E-F78E-4277-AA3D-C9FFB3864505.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DB4A0AD6-C7BA-4592-935C-10617568D067.jpeg
    DB4A0AD6-C7BA-4592-935C-10617568D067.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 6
I was at both, also both phish shows and moe. Last show there.
Allmans came every year, one year I remembered the moon being full over the stage. So cool...

I was at both, also both phish shows and moe. Last show there.
Allmans came every year, one year I remembered the moon being full over the stage. So cool...
Yes, was at those Phish shows as well. First year was crazy good time.
That Allmans show we watched a porta get knocked over with someone inside... that dude was pissed!!

Went to one of the Lollapalooza shows there too, first time seeing Primus and Alice in Chains.

Looking for some non-jam band jam recommendations as I transition into indoor cycling.

I prefer to listen to longer jams. Television live at the Old Waldorf is a favorite. Some extended Radiohead cuts. I could listen to Neil Young's "Down by the River" for an hour and a half an not get bored. Looking for some extended improvisations along those lines.

But for the love of God, I can't stand the Dead or Phish or Dave Matthews. Please don't tell me that your cousin's college roommate has a bootleg of the Dead Live in Topeka in 73. Just won't do it for me.

But I'm game to try any other extended riffing.

Thoughts welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited:
Looking for some non-jam band jam recommendations as I transition into indoor cycling.

I prefer to listen to longer jams. Television live at the Old Waldork is a favorite. Some extended Radiohead cuts. I could listen to Neil Young's "Down by the River" for an hour and a half an not get bored. Looking for some extended improvisations along those lines.

But for the love of God, I can't stand the Dead or Phish or Dave Matthews. Please don't tell me that your cousin's college roommate has a bootleg of the Dead Live in Topeka in 73. Just won't do it for me.

Hahaha attack the legends of improvisational minus the jazz heros for recommendations of the boring same but longer.
Ok I'll bite
Try some live of the OG improv Frank Zappa and the mothers of Invention, maybe jazz Or
Maybe funk is your thing and go down the live James Brown hole.

I prefer to listen to longer jams. Television live at the Old Waldork is a favorite. Some extended Radiohead cuts. I could listen to Neil Young's "Down by the River" for an hour and a half an not get bored. Looking for some extended improvisations along those lines.

Off you go.

Last edited:

You are right, the Dead are the worst. Check out these guys - mellow jams and bonus - from NJ.

But for the love of God, I can't stand the Dead or Phish or Dave Matthews. Please don't tell me that your cousin's college roommate has a bootleg of the Dead Live in Topeka in 73.

Yes, his brother recorded it from the board feed..

Need songs with a cadence of some multiple of 60 for climbing!

Pretty much how I figured it go
But the Grateful Dead didn't get the love this year

Screenshot_20231129-114230_Spotify.jpg

Back
Top Bottom