Bad Driving

BPaze

Doing my usual cruise in the left lane with nobody behind me, and passing cars in the middle.
I see a slow truck in the middle lane, and a car approaching the back of it.
without signaling, he starts into my lane as i'm closing.
he moves back to the middle, cause he saw me!!!!

then he puts on his signal and pulls out anyway,
not speeding up to match my speed and stay out front,
just continuing at his speed.

He didn't want to be inconvenienced with slowing....
and obviously i could wait for him......
This happened to me about 4 times today on the way into the office on 80. I am in the left lane passing cruising, always moving to the center when it is open and people often have no signal and just pull into the left lane without adjusting speed. Even worse is that once they do actually pass they sit there without getting back over when there was an opening so I have to pass on the right.

There is definitely a sense of screw everyone else it is all about me since the people have returned to the road since the pandemic any previous road etiquette is out the window.

BPaze

This happened to me about 4 times today on the way into the office on 80. I am in the left lane passing cruising, always moving to the center when it is open and people often have no signal and just pull into the left lane without adjusting speed. Even worse is that once they do actually pass they sit there without getting back over when there was an opening so I have to pass on the right.

There is definitely a sense of screw everyone else it is all about me since the people have returned to the road since the pandemic any previous road etiquette is out the window.
And on cue on the way home just now had another person just completely cut me off while traveling in the left lane. I had to actually slam my brakes to not rear-end them, normally I don't waste time honking but when it is that bad I do because he almost clipped my front passenger side. No one close behind me had plenty of room, but they couldn't be stuck behind the dump truck in the middle lane and had to cut me off. I really need a good dash cam.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you would think those who drive for a living would be less . . . . . idk, traffic wasnt even stopped. :rolleyes:

summit resident @Steve Vai ?

special parking place bc your too lazy to pull into the lot and then walk 20 feet to your store?

and then this POS which shouldnt even be on the road (not sure his driving is bad but it looks like the front wheels are held on with baling wire.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
you would think those who drive for a living would be less . . . . . idk, traffic wasnt even stopped. :rolleyes:

special parking place bc your too lazy to pull into the lot and then walk 20 feet to your store?

and then this POS which shouldnt even be on the road (not sure his driving is bad but it looks like the front wheels are held on with baling wire.

That school bus one is a 5 point penalty, $100, first time, then $250.

serviceguy

Doing my usual cruise in the left lane with nobody behind me, and passing cars in the middle.
I see a slow truck in the middle lane, and a car approaching the back of it.
without signaling, he starts into my lane as i'm closing.
he moves back to the middle, cause he saw me!!!!

then he puts on his signal and pulls out anyway,
not speeding up to match my speed and stay out front,
just continuing at his speed.

He didn't want to be inconvenienced with slowing....
and obviously i could wait for him......
There's nobody behind you because they're forced to pass you in the middle, as you block the left lane...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

Summit resident would've driven around a line of stopped cars through that person's yard. And it would be a Range Rover, not an Escape. This is more Chatam shit.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have a bad habit of passing people while we both merge onto the highway. I'll hang back then match traffic speed on the ramp then pass them as they hit their brakes trying to merge into 65mph traffic at 45mph.

People have trouble with the dynamics.
It is exactly the math they said they'd never use....

On a strange note, people were doing the speed limit on the turnpike today for 10 miles south off the parkway. Weird.

Last edited:

johnbryanpeters

People have trouble with the dynamics.
It is exactly there math they said they'd never use....

On a strange note, people were doing the speed limit on the turnpike today for 10 miles south off the parkway. Weird.
I find it interesting when I encounter a fair sized group of drivers behaving civil and rational.

Ironjunk

I find it interesting when I encounter a fair sized group of drivers behaving civil and rational.
There is something interesting about a line of cars standing standing at a stop light that defines a drivers state of mind. On one hand when the light turns green if everyone was paying attention to the light everyone could release their brakes and move in a timely manner.

However what really happens is everyone just stares at the bumper in front of them then hits the gas when the car in front moves 10 feet.

Yes you can't smash into the car in front of you but it would be interesting at least for once a line of 20 cars actually all move through a light without it turning red on the 20th car.

I have noticed this is worse when the red light is obscured around a bend or a tree. If the line of cars can't see the light then the traffic moves up slower as they just stare at the car in front and have no reference of red and green light.

mfennell

Hell, I'd be grateful if they would stare at the bumpers rather than their phones.

Driving through Red Bank yesterday, traffic was backed up for a good 1/2 mile because of a detour. Fortunately, I was going the other way. Light turned green. 1st car moved, 2nd car was so deeply involved in her phone that the first car was completely through the intersection before she started to move. Curiously, no-one honked at her.

I get it that people are self-centered and thoughtless but you just spent god-knows-how-long waiting in this traffic, there are 100+ cars behind you, and you can't pay attention to the light, just this once?

Just thought of another one at the same intersection. I'm first car. On coming Camaro is turning left. Light turns green and I move promptly. Camaro starts to turn in front of me, stops, and the driver throws up his hands in irritation because...reasons? I had the right of way. Me, me, me, I guess.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just thought of another one at the same intersection. I'm first car. On coming Camaro is turning left. Light turns green and I move promptly. Camaro starts to turn in front of me, stops, and the driver throws up his hands in irritation because...reasons? I had the right of way. Me, me, me, I guess.
I feel you…
IMG_9963.jpeg

Patrick

Staff member
There is something interesting about a line of cars standing standing at a stop light that defines a drivers state of mind. On one hand when the light turns green if everyone was paying attention to the light everyone could release their brakes and move in a timely manner.

However what really happens is everyone just stares at the bumper in front of them then hits the gas when the car in front moves 10 feet.

Yes you can't smash into the car in front of you but it would be interesting at least for once a line of 20 cars actually all move through a light without it turning red on the 20th car.

I have noticed this is worse when the red light is obscured around a bend or a tree. If the line of cars can't see the light then the traffic moves up slower as they just stare at the car in front and have no reference of red and green light.

Hive mind rather than autonomous vehicles will solve this.

walter

Fourth Party
Here's another one of my favorites. Driving down a two or three lane road, I'm close enough to see the red/orange indicator in your side view warning you that something is in your blind spot, yet you continue to try and change lanes. One of us isn't paying attention.

Patrick

Staff member
Here's another one of my favorites. Driving down a two or three lane road, I'm close enough to see the red/orange indicator in your side view warning you that something is in your blind spot, yet you continue to try and change lanes. One of us isn't paying attention.

you know that light, and the lane keep thing, and the following too close warning.
it's the people that turn them off that say "they are so annoying"

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Idiot 17 yr old driving a bimmer at over 120 mph. This cop is the luckiest cop in America

But do you get out of the hospital and write the ticket to the 7 series you originally stopped? These are the questions I have.

Top Bottom