Biggest loser

190.0 Last Friday
down almost 1 on the scale for the week.

Forgot to update -
Kinda the same - i'm active most of the day/days, but not doing the hour+ of elevated cardio which I know I need.
Clothes continue to improve their fit (esp around the waist!) - still very limited on the alc, had my first beer since 1/5.
Doing well with food - no snacking, reduced sugar intake.

Hoping to see a little more by this friday.

Last edited:
Last week, for the first time in 3 years, I got up to 195 pounds. I can feel it. Clothes just aren't fitting right. So I decided I needed to start up the calorie counting again. It's been the only thing that allows me to drop weight. I think I have an addiction to food.

Started counting the day after I weighed in at 195, seven days ago. Today I weighed in at 192. Sticking to less than 1900 calories a day for now, will allow a little more on days with a decent amount of exercise.

Haven't had alcohol since the end of November. Exercise has been more consistent over the past few weeks.

Signed up for 5k on the 25th, though I haven't run for a while due to an ankle injury I was letting heal. It felt pretty good on the treadmill today so I'm hoping it's good to go.
Also signed up for the escape the Cape triathlon in June, so I really need to get back in the pool to get ready for the 1 mile swim. I spontaneousness did a 1 mile race in Hawaii while on vacation not that long ago, with no swimming for for months prior, and it was rather exhausting. I'd rather not do that to myself again 🤣. That's it for races so far for this year.

I've been consistently gaining weight since August of 22'. Really need to change that.

Mid-February check in.

Not doing the greatest as far as my goal...after my last post, we lost our other cat (kidney issues) - so dealing with vet visits/healing from that, school meetings and tutoring...I missed a lot of my after school workouts.

But as they say, you can't out-exercise a bad diet. With the business of life and lack of motivation, we ate out more than usual.

So I'm almost at where I started at the beginning of the year. It seems this week I'm getting back on track with my CrossFit and lifting...as for riding...well, that may be a while.

For motivation I find that if I pick an event of some kind and pay for it, it helps me mentally to stick to whatever exercise plan or workout I was planning to try and avoid.
Already have 2 events paid for, Rattling MTB in April and TSEpic in May. Definitely helps keeping me motivated, just having a little bit of trouble the last 2 weeks.

170.5lbs. 2 weeks into the cut down 6 lbs total. 2.3 lbs this week. Resting heart rate dropped 9bpm already with the increase in walking. Lifting is still pretty good lost a little strength with some of the compounds but it's just the lack of food/ energy. Eating 2000 to 2250 calories a day.

Last edited:
Got back on track this week. Back to eating more balanced meals and no snacking. I know a lot of it is mental/habits that need to be reset.

Got in a glorious day of riding at Allaire and 3 days at CrossFit. Even PR'd my clean! Also working on my hip mobility.

Down a little over a pound - I'll take it. Also did measurements - a little less in some areas than I was 8 weeks ago so also a win.

Last Friday of February!

169.9 scale bumped up a bit today but was down lower the past few days. Down .06 for the week if we go by today's weight. 6.6 over the past 3 weeks. Averaging 2000 calories a day. Cardio performance is improving which in turn is dropping my resting heart rate and going by my garmin making me burn significantly less calories both during workouts and just throughout the day. Haven't lost any strength at all this week and actually went slightly up on some of my lifts or at least stayed the same. Had to start wearing a belt for my work clothes and needed to adjust my lifting belt in. Energy levels have been alright some days I'm super hungry other days not so bad so no adjustments to calories yet.

Into March...today officially starts a new round for the E2M Fitness program . When you sign up initially, you are a member for life. This will be Round 9 for me (8 weeks). The last few rounds I've been slacking - between indulging/snacking and I don't go on the FB group because, well, it's a time suck IMHO. I don't use their workouts because I have CrossFit and for the most part riding. I also do meal prep and try to meal plan for the week...it's the weekends that I usually get out of control.

So resetting this Round. I'm just getting over a stomach bug and while it was nice to see the scale move, it wasn't for the best reasons. LOL. Moving every day even if it's just a walk. Looking forward to spring and better weather (well, maybe not this week)...

Like @Robin I too will be starting another round of E2M. This will be Round 14 for me. I've been following the meal plan, but extra snacking/stress eating over the last 2 months has been sabotaging any weight loss. Weekends have also been unkind, like this recent weekend. Weighed in this morning at 203. Last post, I was 196 back on 1/22. Pleasantly surprised that it wasn't higher. Will get things moving in the right direction this week with proper eating and activity. MTB endurance racing season is coming up quick, so dropping 15-20lbs should be doable.

I've ballooned up to 200 again. I have basically no hope without being able to exercise though...I just can't muster the discipline to be perfect diet when I'm not active. The margins are razor thin without riding to give me some leeway. I feel for anyone that's smaller and has to keep their calories super low to make the scale budge.

Hoping starting PT this week will kick it in gear, but I'll be content just holding on until I get back on the trainer again...should be in a few weeks.

After a blowout at a birthday party Sunday, its time to get serious since spring has almost sprung.

First time in a long time, green tea to start the morning. No additives. Plenty of water. Good during the day and focusing on eating a clean dinner, E2M style.

Pushing to get steps in and playing with the pup.

We can all do this!

Since there were some check ins here thought I would do the same.

The Sourlands Semi Classic event on Feb 25th (65 miles, 4000+ ft elev with mixed surfaces) was my target to see how my training and fitness would be measured from the last 7-8 weeks, aside just from getting on the scale. I try not to compare avg speed etc... because so many things can influence that.

But based on my times on some of the bigger strava segments/hill climbs, I was only about 10 seconds slower than 2022 when I was probably in a little better shape (can't compare last year since during the ride event I had a bad cold and the wind was like 15mph). My real measurement is how I felt after the ride and the recovery. We didnt smash the ride and try to wreck each other but we did keep a pretty good pace and I did not feel destroyed after the ride. In fact I felt like I still had more in the tank and could have done some more miles. I am still down about 8 lbs since last week of December so that certainly helped.

This past Sunday with the glorious weather we had a big group ride and did 60 for one of the guys celebrating his bday, and I added some miles to make it 70 with 4500 ft elev. and also felt like I could have kept going (65F in March does help with that ;-).

So while I may be a few lbs above my normal weight, it feels like the fitness is improving a lot and I will continue to see what events or big rides we can plan for the next target.

Since Sourlands went well I was planning to ride HOH for the first time in 3 years, but since my oldest son has to have shoulder surgery the Friday before the event, I have to skip it.

Keep moving!!

212 this morning. :thumbsup: The cardio is slowly coming back. I have been hitting the weights hard. This is the strongest I’ve felt in a long time. I credit my 14 year old son. He’s been my inspiration. With that said, I’ve got way too much belly fat and plenty more weight to lose.

I’m thinking of doing another cleanse. If anything, it will help reset my eating patterns. Have any of you tried a cleanse and if so, what was your experience?
Below is my experience from years back. For a good laugh (and maybe some insight), make sure to read each chapter in order. 😁

My Cleanse Adventure

Back
Top Bottom