Biggest loser

today: 181.2

that's down a bunch - cause:

1. I didn't drink any alc this week
2. exercised
3. yesterday I humped wood for my friend's tree service for 11 hours
4. put 90 minutes into 6mr this morning
5. under 1500 calories per day - 1 meal around 6pm, no snacking.

I will need two meals today, but i'll keep lunch light.
1500 calories seems too low...unless you were just sitting on the couch. but that's just my 2 pennies.

yesterday I humped wood for my friend's tree service for 11 hours
1718376979912.png

1500 calories seems too low...unless you were just sitting on the couch. but that's just my 2 pennies.

I agree. Feeling like I want to kick start the weight loss. If I'm going to start ramping up activity, will need more. When i did that cleanse thing at the beginning of this thread, it diminished appetite and sugar cravings.

This isn't a lifestyle that is sustainable.
Felt my best when having a light breakfast,
Not snacking unless coming off a workout. Then protein and lots of water. And a solid dinner.

I've been the opposite for some time. Brains are strange things.

Anyone else temporarily retain a bunch of water after a long-ish ride?

I commuted into work (30 miles) and did some hardish efforts on the way. The next day the scale seems wildly high (3-4 lbs higher than my weigh ins from last week). I certainly didn't eat 12k+ extra calories lol. Curious to weigh myself again Monday after 2 rest days.

im usually DEhydrated after a long or hard ride so the weight usually goes down(anyone who has had the misfortune of riding behind me can explain why), eating out (salty foods) typically will cause my weight to register higher.

I commuted into work (30 miles) and did some hardish efforts on the way. The next day the scale seems wildly high (3-4 lbs higher than my weigh ins from last week). I certainly didn't eat 12k+ extra calories lol. Curious to weigh myself again Monday after 2 rest days.
I've observed this on days after say the W101, or TSE 5-day stage race or even a hard 4+hr Endurance race. I attribute it to inflammation, water retention and stuffing my face with recovery food. I'm sure you will see the number back down on Monday after recovery.

im usually DEhydrated after a long or hard ride so the weight usually goes down(anyone who has had the misfortune of riding behind me can explain why), eating out (salty foods) typically will cause my weight to register higher.

I have been focusing on fueling far better than I used to. For it being 95° on the way back I haven't been destroyed the rest of the day which is nice.

Taking in 40 oz of water and 300 calories/50g of carbs each way. Guess we'll find out in a day or two.

I've observed this on days after say the W101, or TSE 5-day stage race or even a hard 4+hr Endurance race. I attribute it to inflammation, water retention and stuffing my face with recovery food. I'm sure you will see the number back down on Monday after recovery.

This is what I'm attributing it to as well.

YES!! This literally just happened to me! I was at Mountain Creek on Saturday and the following 2 days I was a swollen mess. Scale was abnormally up 3 at 214 lbs. I thought maybe it was lyme (still going to get checked) but now you have me curious.

I peed my brains out at work yesterday. This morning I was back to 211 lbs and not feeling swollen.

I have been focusing on fueling far better than I used to. For it being 95° on the way back I haven't been destroyed the rest of the day which is nice.

Taking in 40 oz of water and 300 calories/50g of carbs each way. Guess we'll find out in a day or two.

For me the drop is entirely water weight. It is physically impossible for me to drink enough water to replace what I'm loosing. It all comes back within a day off the bike so...... each person is different so it's hard to compare to someone else's results

Back
Top Bottom