Black Run Preserve Conditions

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
From the *Friends of Black Run Preserve* FB page.

*In an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, Evesham Township officials are following Governor Murphy’s mandate for the closure of county and municipal parks. Therefore, the Black Run Preserve will officially be closed as of 8:00pm tonight, April 8th, and barricades will be placed at the trailheads tomorrow morning.*

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I don't see a thread for conditions....so I'll start.

As of today, no snow to be found. Some wet areas around the lake/bog but REI trails and many others dry.

Merged. ;)

or are they 2 different places?

Stash

Looking to stop here after work. Is this the kind of place that remains muddy after the rain? Are there any hills or flowy trails? Thanks for the help.

JDurk

Mostly sand, but there will be some mud and standing water close to the lakes. Hills? Not really, just short little punchy climbs. The REI trail has some flow. Park at the the REI trail head off Bortons Road and there is a detailed map.

steve_mtb

I have a wedding to go to tonight in depford. I was thinking about riding this park after lunch. Anyone suggestions on trails.. I have a SS rigid. I can always hit a different trails. but thought I would explore,

JDurk

I have a wedding to go to tonight in depford. I was thinking about riding this park after lunch. Anyone suggestions on trails.. I have a SS rigid. I can always hit a different trails. but thought I would explore,
Where are you staying? Camden County College and Ceres Park are much closer to Deptford than BRP.

Mahnken

I am going back to connecticut so i dont want to gonto far south
I'm not sure, but I feel like you'd do more traveling if you went to black run than either of the other two. Were you riding today or tomorrow? If tomorrow, I may be able to meet up if you go to Camden county college if the timing works out.

steve_mtb

I'm not sure, but I feel like you'd do more traveling if you went to black run than either of the other two. Were you riding today or tomorrow? If tomorrow, I may be able to meet up if you go to Camden county college if the timing works out.
Will send a pm

steve_mtb

after reviewing the threads in the forums, i went to black run. A friend had car issues, so I started later than I planned. This was a fun park, perfect for my rigid SS. it wasn't that far out of the way on my way home.

onetracker

Wondering if BRP is worth a ~1hr drive? Doing some riding at Wharton while in the area Striper Fishing off LBI and thought I might hit this on Tuesday while down “south”. Equipment=Front Squish SS. Thoughts?

sandman

Wondering if BRP is worth a ~1hr drive? Doing some riding at Wharton while in the area Striper Fishing off LBI and thought I might hit this on Tuesday while down “south”. Equipment=Front Squish SS. Thoughts?
Everything in the pinelands is Single Speed worthy. Don't know about an hour + drive. You will get more marked miles at Wharton. Maybe take 2 days there. Black Run is good to ride, but it's a small park. Both places have online maps.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Let me preface by saying that BRP is a beauty, and no h8 here for it at all. If I were to draw a 1hr circle around LBI though, I am not sure BRP would be top 5. It's hunting season, so this advice may be completely off in that regard; please check regs. Under an hour from there is Allaire, Jake's Branch, Wells Mills, Seaview, Port Republic, EHT Nature Preserve. Equidistant is Estell and CCC. Slightly further philly opens up and is extensive.

Unless of course you just want to ride someplace new-new. Then disregard =)

onetracker

Let me preface by saying that BRP is a beauty, and no h8 here for it at all. If I were to draw a 1hr circle around LBI though, I am not sure BRP would be top 5. It's hunting season, so this advice may be completely off in that regard; please check regs. Under an hour from there is Allaire, Jake's Branch, Wells Mills, Seaview, Port Republic, EHT Nature Preserve. Equidistant is Estell and CCC. Slightly further philly opens up and is extensive.

Unless of course you just want to ride someplace new-new. Then disregard =)
Sweet. Thanks for the OpEd. I really appreciate it! I have ridden Allaire and Wharton extensively. I have ridden most of the trails in around Philly. Always looking to see new places so this is good info. Just a guy from the north looking to see some SJ goodness!!! Are the recommendations above in top 5 order and where does Wharton fit in? What I like about Wharton is that I can put on some tunes, pedal and work on perfect turns for 20 miles. Also, will Wharton be dry enough tomorrow adternoon? Probably ride tomorrow and Tuesday.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions