Book of Paul H

JerseyPete

Soundz needs to work on his click bait. When he used adult magazines to start a fire, he could have used a screen grab of the cover as the thumbnail.
Sung, at the beginning of the YT clip could you put in a screen shot of your Strava map to show what area you rode? I don't know how much time and trouble doing edits cost. When I watch the HM vids, I look for landmarks to know where you rode.

Mtbdog

I just watched all of them. Nice work in the tech sections. I didn't see no "bell" or " notification " icon. Was I supposed to click on.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Soundz needs to work on his click bait. When he used adult magazines to start a fire, he could have used a screen grab of the cover as the thumbnail.
Sung, at the beginning of the YT clip could you put in a screen shot of your Strava map to show what area you rode? I don't know how much time and trouble doing edits cost. When I watch the HM vids, I look for landmarks to know where you rode.
I usually put a link to my strava in the descriptions.
Prolly takes less than 2 minute to include it but unlikely someone from VA would care.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I just watched all of them. Nice work in the tech sections. I didn't see no "bell" or " notification " icon. Was I supposed to click on.
No need for notification... just put it on continuous replay for 2 months

Screenshot_20230207_174617_YouTube.jpg

See the bell in the middle right?

serviceguy

I usually put a link to my strava in the descriptions.
Prolly takes less than 2 minute to include it but unlikely someone from VA would care.
Here's an idea...on the top right corner of the video add a miniature animated Strava map of your ride with a red dot tracking your location on the map following along the pictures. I watched the Ringwood video and I could not recognize any of it. Where does the video start?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Here's an idea...on the top right corner of the video add a miniature animated Strava map of your ride with a red dot tracking your location on the map following along the pictures. I watched the Ringwood video and I could not recognize any of it.
I think you can only do that or something similar on a gopro.
My DJI can't do that.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Here's an idea...on the top right corner of the video add a miniature animated Strava map of your ride with a red dot tracking your location on the map following along the pictures. I watched the Ringwood video and I could not recognize any of it.

garmin has an editor to match/overlay telemetry to video.
doesn't need to be shot on a gopro

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Or…. You could just hit “lap” on the gps and the points of interests and just insert a screenshot of that location on the ride map. Low tech, yes. But….. easy to achieve.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
it merges video with a gpx (or .FIT whichever has the HR and speed info) and you do the alignment.
If I am understand correctly... prolly not... but that would be a lot of aligning when working with multiple edited clips

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I think it's kinda stupid cuz the ride itself might be an 1hr but the video is edited down to 7-10 minutes. There's going to be a lot of skipping on that map.

Rather have a speedometer so... actually scratch that.

Top Bottom