Can we organize a kids’ day at Creek or any regional park?

Building a solid and fun Green trail is a lot of work to build and especially maintain. So far, the only good ones I've seen are at Highland and Bryce.

My understanding is that Bluephoria was built for an enduro event and doesn't seem to have been touched much since. And by "built" I mean they taped it out, cleared leaves and let racers riding the trail actually cut it in.

Yes, Thunder has excellent Blue trails as well as a few "blue diamond" trails that are labeled Black, but only due to a few features that are not mandatory and the rest of the trail is just fun, natural tech.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Thunder has a decent Green trail as well - Sugar Line. I remember it being a mix of machine-built flow with a bit of natural single track. Trillium is a good "next step" as it's not too steep and gets its tech from a few rocky and/or root sections. Really makes me want to get back there. I haven't done any park riding this year, despite being an hour and a half from Highland. :(

Last edited:
MC needs to go in and clean up their Blue non-flow trails. It's kinda ridiculous how a trail like Water Boy is designated intermediate. Anywhere else in the country, that would be considered a Black diamond. A few re-routes and alternate lines is all it would take to make it better.
Creek is sorta the opposite as the ski designation, creek snow blue is a VT green. However for mtb it is the opposite, many of the tech blues at creek would be a black, maybe even double black at Killington. The green trails at killington were slower and had less features than 6 mile and a few of the blacks were definitely blue territory.

If there was any complaint with creek it’s that you always filter to the same lower trails once you get to a certain spot.

Back
Top Bottom